GP coach thinks they got hosed????

38 minutes ago, CoachBsDUI said:

Problem was she couldn't guard Ally Weathers man to man and she kept trying it. Ally Weathers took the game over, plain and simple. I thought Gatlinburg Pittman should have went to Newman more down the stretch especially on the last possesion in regulation. Refs didn't take the game away. Ally kept taking it to the rim and Gatlinburg got away from Miss Basketball, IMO. 

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, pioneer42 said:

Problem was she couldn't guard Ally Weathers man to man and she kept trying it. Ally Weathers took the game over, plain and simple. I thought Gatlinburg Pittman should have went to Newman more down the stretch especially on the last possesion in regulation. Refs didn't take the game away. Ally kept taking it to the rim and Gatlinburg got away from Miss Basketball, IMO. 

You are correct!

https://x.com/haley__johnson2/status/1766653689257668825?s=42&t=TztbtrVUElFlh4mf0Se_qQ

Admin blames refs too! 

45 minutes ago, westtn12 said:

I don’t think like that article for some reasons, but the main reason, the excuses. She made an excuse after ever comment she made about a missed shot or this or that. Not a good look. 

Not a good look but I do understand the frustration.

After every big game someone is going to be mad at the officiating. I don’t think they did a bad job at the tournament. One thing that stood out that I don’t like is when a defender would stay stationary for a second before contact and they would call it a blocking foul. This happened a few of the games I watched. Other than that I didn’t see anything out of the ordinary.

1 hour ago, crow6424 said:

After every big game someone is going to be mad at the officiating. I don’t think they did a bad job at the tournament. One thing that stood out that I don’t like is when a defender would stay stationary for a second before contact and they would call it a blocking foul. This happened a few of the games I watched. Other than that I didn’t see anything out of the ordinary.

I watched this game live and on tape. I thought Gatlinburg Pittman threw a big punch and they exchanged punches until Loretto got the last one. I thought the biggest problem in the game was GP got away from Newman in the middle of the 4th and OT. Even on last possesion in regulation play wasn't designed for her after TO. But both teams well coached. Weathers is a player for sure. They couldn't stop her. 

On 3/11/2024 at 2:35 PM, westtn12 said:

I don’t think like that article for some reasons, but the main reason, the excuses. She made an excuse after ever comment she made about a missed shot or this or that. Not a good look. 

Spoiled and entitled. Couldn’t hide it forever. 

for those that have been on the upper east tennessee side of the state, this is normal for GP in every sport.  GP has never lost a fair game, they have only been cheated.  They schedule the worst possible teams year in and year out and beat them easily and cry foul when they have to play someone good.  It has been the same song and dance for as long as I can remember.  They recruited most of those girls and still could not win the big games.  Just goes to show you it doesnot matter how good a public school recruits if the coach chokes in big games.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, westtn12 said:

Who were ones recruited? So you mean like they are zoned for another school? Or they moved into GP?

Newman-Newcenter Sevierville Feeder

Glasper-Sevierville

Burns from Lakeway

Wear-PF 

Just off the top of my head.

• Sad 1
  • Upvote 1