McKenzie Rebels HC candidates?

I feel like all of the moves are for one reason. As much as I dislike some of these teams they are jobs many coaches around the state would jump at. What school systems or booster clubs can afford to fork it out?

9 hours ago, PeskyPole said:

Hodge might look good in red & gray

I'd like to see what Noah from Gleason would do with the continual talent that McKenzie always has. But I also don't see him ever leaving Gleason. Good luck with the search. 

• Like 1

Whoever comes to McKenzie has a very strong team coming back for next year and no one can debate that. I honestly believe whoever comes, needs to keep as much of Comer's offense as possible. What we don't need is trying to learn a new system in a short amount of time.  We are fortunate in having a high IQ QB coming back who can pretty well tell every person what to do on every play.  

As far as who is coming, it is too early to speculate.  So many names floating around here on Coach T.  The job was posted yesterday on our website. 

Most importantly, the boys still have to work, believe in themselves and trust whoever is chosen to lead them. Only time will tell.  But one thing for sure, come August 23, the lights come on and it's go time! 

Rebels have been put in a bind as far as  having to replace all the coaching staff… as long as the new regime don’t come in and turn it into a wing t offense by the time playoffs start they should be hitting on all cylinders . They’ll have almost the pick of their choosing .. unfortunately they gotta pick after everyone else but I don’t see it being too big of a problem. I could see Chapell moving up from middle school in some capacity to help with familiarity.. especially if reeder is the head coach 

1 hour ago, VOLnWTN said:

Whoever comes to McKenzie has a very strong team coming back for next year and no one can debate that. I honestly believe whoever comes, needs to keep as much of Comer's offense as possible. What we don't need is trying to learn a new system in a short amount of time.  We are fortunate in having a high IQ QB coming back who can pretty well tell every person what to do on every play.  

As far as who is coming, it is too early to speculate.  So many names floating around here on Coach T.  The job was posted yesterday on our website. 

Most importantly, the boys still have to work, believe in themselves and trust whoever is chosen to lead them. Only time will tell.  But one thing for sure, come August 23, the lights come on and it's go time! 

Yes I agree, Surber is a great Sr. leader to have for a new coach.  They have a great shot to get back this season.  I do think the Rebel fans will have to lower expectations after this season.  It could be a few years before you see this kind of talent you have had the last few years.  

1 hour ago, VOLnWTN said:

New Coach...running the old coach's system? Sometimes people have an "Easier" system to learn. Not a chance some new dude runs your old dudes stuff. 

5 months to learn a new system is far from a "short" time. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, BruceColetrain said:

New Coach...running the old coach's system? Sometimes people have an "Easier" system to learn. Not a chance some new dude runs your old dudes stuff. 

5 months to learn a new system is far from a "short" time. 

In most cases, yes. Not in this case. This group is built for spread/rpo. That is what has made Comer so successful. He adapts.   I will say it like this. If we get an RPO guy, we are good.  

Just now, VOLnWTN said:

In most cases, yes. Not in this case. This group is built for spread/rpo. That is what has made Comer so successful. He adapts.   I will say it like this. If we get an RPO guy, we are good.  

But also, our guys have the football IQ that they could pick something else up without any problem.

1 hour ago, 1983 said:

Yes I agree, Surber is a great Sr. leader to have for a new coach.  They have a great shot to get back this season.  I do think the Rebel fans will have to lower expectations after this season.  It could be a few years before you see this kind of talent you have had the last few years.  

Agree. Our next QB should be pretty good. Cole Brown.

39 minutes ago, VOLnWTN said:

Well i sure hope the Wing T crowd stays away. Especially since theres only one way to win games