McKenzie Rebels HC candidates?

7 hours ago, west10EZ said:

Rebels have been put in a bind as far as  having to replace all the coaching staff… as long as the new regime don’t come in and turn it into a wing t offense by the time playoffs start they should be hitting on all cylinders . They’ll have almost the pick of their choosing .. unfortunately they gotta pick after everyone else but I don’t see it being too big of a problem. I could see Chapell moving up from middle school in some capacity to help with familiarity.. especially if reeder is the head coach 

Reeder is not going to be the head coach. That won’t happen. 

6 hours ago, 1983 said:

Yes I agree, Surber is a great Sr. leader to have for a new coach.  They have a great shot to get back this season.  I do think the Rebel fans will have to lower expectations after this season.  It could be a few years before you see this kind of talent you have had the last few years.  

They said that crap this past season and look what happened.  Have you seen the Melton and Brown kid?  Im telling you they will be legit.  Just wait for that duo.  

Edited by TheCountian
Period

3 hours ago, RexKwonDo said:

Mckenzie starts running the Wing T,  I will find something else to do on a Friday night.   Four quarters of that boring nonsense- no thanks!

What's wrong with the Wing T? Y'all don't want Scott Stidham to come over from Independence? Or even Swenson? Haha.

Regardless, McKenzie is going to be fine! I hope they don't settle for a coach. They're going to be okay!

1 hour ago, TheCountian said:

They said that crap this past season and look what happened.  Have you seen the Melton and Brown kid?  Im telling you they will be legit.  Just wait for that duo.  

I think most McKenzie fans would admit the talent is dropping off a little after this coming season.  Y’all have had a bunch of impressive athletes the last few years.  No disrespect intended to the two you mentioned.  I’m sure they will be good also but I don’t think the same success is coming.  I have been wrong many times before and this may be one of them.

I respectfully disagree.  Yes, they’re losing Surber, Nordon, Fornara, and the Cunningham kid after this year that are real impactful players.  There are three or four other seniors, but they are average at best.  I promise you the QB coming behind Surber will be just as legit as the last two.  They’ll have Arline and the Melton kid the season next season back.  The 8th grade group coming up this next season has a couple of stud lineman.  In a couple years, they’ll be ready.  Watch out because the Brown kid can fly and throw the crap out of it.   He’s just an athlete.  Started both ways last year as a freshman.  Melton can fly and Airline can be a beast.  Just saying…..

11 minutes ago, TheCountian said:

I respectfully disagree.  Yes, they’re losing Surber, Nordon, Fornara, and the Cunningham kid after this year that are real impactful players.  There are three or four other seniors, but they are average at best.  I promise you the QB coming behind Surber will be just as legit as the last two.  They’ll have Arline and the Melton kid the season next season back.  The 8th grade group coming up this next season has a couple of stud lineman.  In a couple years, they’ll be ready.  Watch out because the Brown kid can fly and throw the crap out of it.   He’s just an athlete.  Started both ways last year as a freshman.  Melton can fly and Airline can be a beast.  Just saying…..

Spot on. Melton has wheels. Brown has shown signs of being another great one at the QB positive.

58 minutes ago, TryNotToSuck said:

What's wrong with the Wing T? Y'all don't want Scott Stidham to come over from Independence? Or even Swenson? Haha.

Regardless, McKenzie is going to be fine! I hope they don't settle for a coach. They're going to be okay!

I believe for this coming group, you try to keep the spread/rpo.  That is what this group has known since birth. 

and no to the Wing T.