Congratulations to Micah Hart and to Gibson County

6 hours ago, tennesseeannouncer said:

Snubbed. She was snubbed.

As far as the injury, she missed one game due to her injury before the finalists were announced. According to a Tennessean article calling out her lack of being named a Finalist she was averaging 20.6 points per game at the time, an increase from the 16.6 she was averaging on the promo getting her name out. At the time, Dburg was 20-3, ranked fifth in the state, and had losses to reigning Ohio champion Princeton and a pair of losses to Huntingdon (2A Quarterfinalist that lost to the champ) and Bartlett (4A Finalist). Their resume also included a win over USJ.  I don’t know what else she could’ve done to be included in the conversation. For what it’s worth, none of the finalists in 3A played in Murfreesboro. When she wasn’t named a finalist I told her to use it as motivation. She went on to overcome an injury, took district MVP, all-region tourney, state tourney MVP, and a gold ball. 

But then again, Dburg had a football player not included in the 2023 Mr. Football finalists despite a pair of head to head wins against a player that was named as a finalist. 

I went and watched y'all in the District Semis and in the District  Finals in Crockett County and she played neither game if I remember correctly. I didn't know how long she had been out. But she is a sure enough player for sure. We have been seeing her a while on the floor at Gibson County. Congratulations on winning the Gold Ball. Coach Strayhorn is a good guy. Think a lot of him. Couldn't happen to a nicer person. 

9 hours ago, pioneer42 said:

Sick because she didn't win it??  Or sick good player?? We haven't had any luck with Miss Basketball Awatds in the past. Heather Butler went 70-1 with back to back Titles in 2009 and 2010 in AA and got looked over. She is the all time leading scorer in the OVC with 2700 points and didn't win it. Reese is a player. Either won from the East could have won it. About Micah you might not know. She is the all time leading scorer at Gibson County High School, she won all state all four years, her numbers are against really good competition, she just has been a beast for four years, rebounding, steals, 3 point shots, jump shots off of the dribble. Bet you could ask Loretto, Summertown, South Gibson, Westview Peabody.....what player are you ready to graduate?? Micah's name would be in there a bunch. Like Jada Harrison last year. She was very hard to deal with. But anyway, good to meet you at the Glass House. Good luck to your team and your girls. Keep battling and working every day. 

I meant sick good lol.  Good to meet you too and congratulations 

2 hours ago, pioneer42 said:

I went and watched y'all in the District Semis and in the District  Finals in Crockett County and she played neither game if I remember correctly. I didn't know how long she had been out. But she is a sure enough player for sure. We have been seeing her a while on the floor at Gibson County. Congratulations on winning the Gold Ball. Coach Strayhorn is a good guy. Think a lot of him. Couldn't happen to a nicer person. 

That's correct. She was hurt in the Saturday game entering the final week of the regular season and missed both games against South Gibson. She remained out for the district tourney and returned for the region quarterfinal against Bolton. 

Thank you for the kind words. Tim was the right man at the right time and the impact in such a short amount of time is incredible. Two years ago the man didn't know if he would have enough kids to field a practice or even play on any given night. 

Very happy for GCHS. I had a front row to history for their championship and had the opportunity to offer well wishes to Coach Wilkins. That program will always have a special place in my heart as it was one of the first gyms I called a game. The staff and fans have always been so great. Prior to the game I was walking through the GC section and had a lot of great conversations with fans. Good people. 

14 hours ago, crow6424 said:

I have a question. How did the Dyersburg girl not get nominated for Mrs Basketball?

A complete joke! Dyersburg has 3 girls on their team that can and more than likely all will be Miss Basketball candidates in their high career! I am Dyersburg player over any of the 3A girls(no disrespect to anyone) but they are different! 

30 minutes ago, HawkGuy06 said:

A complete joke! Dyersburg has 3 girls on their team that can and more than likely all will be Miss Basketball candidates in their high career! I am Dyersburg player over any of the 3A girls(no disrespect to anyone) but they are different! 

Thank you for the nice words. Lots of love and respect for South Side. I was calling the game for Dburg radio and made sure to defend Brent at the end of the game. I didn't want anyone throwing shade at him over what happened at the conclusion of the game and totally understand his frustration. The organization of that game was a disaster. 

31 minutes ago, HawkGuy06 said:

Dyersburg could very possibly have the next three Miss Basketball winners with Crawford, Jordan, and Strayhorn. 

18 minutes ago, maddams said:

Dyersburg could very possibly have the next three Miss Basketball winners with Crawford, Jordan, and Strayhorn. 

Most definitely! They have a created team! Much different than Bradley Central, but very similar lol 

20 minutes ago, tennesseeannouncer said:

Thank you for the nice words. Lots of love and respect for South Side. I was calling the game for Dburg radio and made sure to defend Brent at the end of the game. I didn't want anyone throwing shade at him over what happened at the conclusion of the game and totally understand his frustration. The organization of that game was a disaster. 

Most definitely! We was rooting for y’all. I just hate they took away from a very good & competitive game! When we took the lead by 3 I thought we would be fine. It’s simply last year the tech we received helped us last year, but the tech received was detrimental! 

All of 3A was very young this year! Hopefully we can meet again next year for the gold ball! It will be a battle from start to finish! Glad yall kept that gold ball in west Tn!