2 minutes ago, Swipes said:

They beat their 3a teams outside of Alcoa but lost to 4a Carter and had close games with  5a Cocke County (1-9) and 4A Fulton (2-9).  They weren't a bad team but wouldn't have made it to the Quarters playing 4a last year having to go up against teams like Betsy, AC, and Greeneville in the first few rounds if they would have made it to the top 4 in their Conference (Carter finished 3rd in their Conference so probably a 4 seed in stead of Fulton playing Greeneville first round).

No clue about the cabin thing, don't follow GP that close.

Good research there so maybe it would not have mattered to move. 

If the Cabin deal is legit it is still a great job.

On 3/14/2024 at 8:16 AM, CoachBsDUI said:

Wagner trading the mountains for the beach. Should make for better pictures;)

Who is up next??? A lot of turnover since Benny left. 

I guarantee it! Coach Waggoner will have plenty of photo ops in Florida. I guarantee it. I am Captain Guru and I approve this message.

On 3/17/2024 at 2:56 PM, FootballismyVice said:

Would've rolled in 2A if they got moved downed gonna look very different as a team with lots of talent graduating out.

I am not sure if they would have beaten East Indians. East Indians has a whole quartet of Groves in Cross Plains were a real good team. They would have been a formidable opponent for them though. I guarantee it. Do you want to bet me? I am Captain Guru and I approve this message.

2 hours ago, CaptainGuru said:

I am not sure if they would have beaten East Indians. East Indians has a whole quartet of Groves in Cross Plains were a real good team. They would have been a formidable opponent for them though. I guarantee it. Do you want to bet me? I am Captain Guru and I approve this message.

They would’ve killed them…

13 hours ago, FootballJunkie077 said:

Winnable region every year currently if they doesn't change in the next reclass. 

How is the region winnable?  GP is usually UP one year and down the next.  With Waggoner or without Waggoner I see GP having a down year this coming season.  

Everyone that knew the GP coach knew he only cared about easy wins and having a strong selfie game.   I think he applied for every job under the sun every single year and then would tell the poor GP gullibles that he was GP for life.  I know he applied for three jobs down near my way and did not get to the final interviews because they knew he was a used car salesman.  i bought some snake oil off of him one time at the gas station corner and still have arthritis.  Wake up GP people he used you and bolted when the recruiting well ran dry.

Well the soccer coach will certiaiinly schedule the weakest teams possible and then cry when they lose to someone half way good which is the GP way.  The GP gullibles will love him for sure.  He has to be better at coaching than the basketball duo who recruits the best talent but cannot when against lesser talented teams with good coaching.

2 hours ago, RakingCoal said:

Everyone that knew the GP coach knew he only cared about easy wins and having a strong selfie game.   I think he applied for every job under the sun every single year and then would tell the poor GP gullibles that he was GP for life.  I know he applied for three jobs down near my way and did not get to the final interviews because they knew he was a used car salesman.  i bought some snake oil off of him one time at the gas station corner and still have arthritis.  Wake up GP people he used you and bolted when the recruiting well ran dry.

I respect your honest opinion, sir. But as a friend and former colleague of Coach Waggoner, I will defend him up to a point. Brad is a good coach. You don’t spend time on an ACC staff without being good. He led the school in Georgia, where I ended up finishing my career, to their best season in 29 years. He has improved each situation that he has been in, including, as you no doubt know, leading Trousdale Co. to Game 15. GP knew his history when they hired him. And, as he said, he has had an eye on this Florida job for many years. Brad is one of very few who really enjoys the application/interview process. I especially appreciated the way that he included and paid homage to Hall of Fame Coach Benny Hammonds at GP. He leaves GP in a better place than they were in when he arrived, IMO. Now it’s up to them to make a good hire and keep building on what Brad started. Thank you for your time.

• Like 1

OK, I dont think i said anything about his ability to coach but he enjoys the interview process because he loves to be petted and praised which is why his selfie game is so strong.  He did not leave GP in a better place becuase he led all the GP gullibles to believe he was there for life and then bailed on them at first opportunity.  There is nothing honorable about going to a program and staying for only a few years and then leaving when the talent graduates.

6 hours ago, RakingCoal said:

OK, I dont think i said anything about his ability to coach but he enjoys the interview process because he loves to be petted and praised which is why his selfie game is so strong.  He did not leave GP in a better place becuase he led all the GP gullibles to believe he was there for life and then bailed on them at first opportunity.  There is nothing honorable about going to a program and staying for only a few years and then leaving when the talent graduates.

I’m not used to the selfie generation myself. There’s an old saying “Don’t complain when the rattlesnake bites you, you knew it was a rattlesnake when you picked it up.” Lol. Maybe it will work out well for both sides. Good discussion. 

Very true statement but the GP Gullibles thought that he would just love the ability to beat up on the little teams in the area and then cry no fair when they had to play someone decent.  I mean GP did beat a 5A school (1-9 Cocke County) event though the game was called early and CC was on the comeback according to my buddy that was there.  Problem with the GP Gullibles is they want to win but also want little johnny to start because his daddy pays a lot of money to the program.  so it is okay to recruit players to come to play there as long as it does not effect little johnnys playing time. 

• Like 1