Smith County Basketball

Could've seen it coming, Matt Ferrell does a great job. Seems like the man really loves his program. Knew this was a great hire from the start just takes time. 

Trey Sanders resigning was a shock to me, his feeder school is full of well rounded players. I've got a hunch who they'll go for.  Wish Mr. Sanders a happy retirement, welcome to the family. 

Ferrell walked into a good bed of talent to start his tenure at Smith County as well, but I think he has did a fine job. He will have to up his recruiting the next few years if he wants to continue the success he has had the past two years because their girls feeder schools have been really week lately.

Trey obviously didn't resign, he was pushed out like before, but he didn't win the war this time. The Smith County Boys jobs is loaded with lots of young talent and will make anyone look really good as long as they can keep the last two classes together. I am surprised they posted it on TSSAA portal, I figured they already had their guy.

25 minutes ago, Sicwitit said:

Ferrell walked into a good bed of talent to start his tenure at Smith County as well, but I think he has did a fine job. He will have to up his recruiting the next few years if he wants to continue the success he has had the past two years because their girls feeder schools have been really week lately.

Trey obviously didn't resign, he was pushed out like before, but he didn't win the war this time. The Smith County Boys jobs is loaded with lots of young talent and will make anyone look really good as long as they can keep the last two classes together. I am surprised they posted it on TSSAA portal, I figured they already had their guy.

Posting on the TSSAA portal is just a formality. They already know exactly who they want. Just waiting on his acceptance. 

Just now, Charger731 said:

Posting on the TSSAA portal is just a formality. They already know exactly who they want. Just waiting on his acceptance. 

You seem like an insider, any clue who they want? Surely someone with a ton of experience not someone with zero HS experience. 

1 hour ago, Sicwitit said:

I am not familiar with those (2) coaches, but if they are HOF and know the school then that should be the next move.

I texted him when the job came open. I didn't play for him here but wish I had. All he said was there was 2 schools he would come out of retirement for. One was a Mississippi school Neshoba Central and the other one Smith Co HS.

2 hours ago, TheHill said:

If they are smart they are calling Mississippi. 2 HOF. Knows the school. 

I don't know much about this school but yeah know about the coach. Watched his Tyner teams in Chattanooga. Ran an exciting system. Probably wouldn't have left if the old coach wasn't hanging around undermining him. Went to the south part of MS around Hattiesburg and had 4 or 5 state teams. Good coach and motivator.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Rade Butcher said:

I don't know much about this school but yeah know about the coach. Watched his Tyner teams in Chattanooga. Ran an exciting system. Probably wouldn't have left if the old coach wasn't hanging around undermining him. Went to the south part of MS around Hattiesburg and had 4 or 5 state teams. Good coach and motivator.

One of the most exciting personable coaches that ever set foot at this school...still well thought of 

1 hour ago, Onetownguy said:

Will they just go across the river and get Bibb?

Thought that myself. He was at SC as girls coach. Depends on talent at Gville. We have it here. Would Coach T want to come? He'll always be a coach and he thinks the world of Scott Apple.

Edited by TheHill