Smith County Basketball

3 hours ago, TheHill said:

Thought that myself. He was at SC as girls coach. Depends on talent at Gville. We have it here. Would Coach T want to come? He'll always be a coach and he thinks the world of Scott Apple.

Dude I would drive from Lookout Valley to watch Coach T again.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Ballout said:

Don't see Bibb leaving G-ville. He is building a good program there. Who is Coach T, drawing a blank here? Hopefully they will take their time and make a great hire. Alot of talent coming up for several years. 

Coach Thompson. He coached at Carthage back in the 80s. Coached our principal Scott Apple. I think they may have been in discussion but the young guy who works with girls coach Matt Ferrell with TN Rush indeed got the job. Coach T had a state tournament in Tennessee, an All A state girls team in Kentucky and State teams in Mississippi. He's retired in Mississippi. It would have been a legendary hire. His name created quite a buzz in Carthage.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Onetownguy said:

well. you nailed that one. Looks like its Layne Bussell, head coach at Algood Middle School

To clear things up.. it appears this had been in the works for quite a while. Even with losing a region semis game that was in the balance up until the last couple of possessions. I'm not sure that a substate appearance could've saved Trey. And I believe someone has already mentioned it but it was 100% a be fired or you can "retire" situation.

10 minutes ago, bobcatden said:

To clear things up.. it appears this had been in the works for quite a while. Even with losing a region semis game that was in the balance up until the last couple of possessions. I'm not sure that a substate appearance could've saved Trey. And I believe someone has already mentioned it but it was 100% a be fired or you can "retire" situation.

You're probably right. Those things happen. Coach Sanders was a good coach and is a great person. We will see what the new guy does. 

11 hours ago, captnoname said:

Hmm... the new coach should take stock in the manner in which Coach Sanders was let go.

They treated a 1st class Coach Sanders that way? What are they gonna do if the new guy isn't up to snuff? 

Absolutely nobody in Carthage I have talked to knows anything about the new coach other than he is a friend of Matt Ferrell. A total unknown. If he goes to Murfreesboro he will no longer be an unknown.

17 hours ago, TheHill said:

Absolutely nobody in Carthage I have talked to knows anything about the new coach other than he is a friend of Matt Ferrell. A total unknown. If he goes to Murfreesboro he will no longer be an unknown.

Both are on the same exit plan. By 2028, if not before, these coaching positions will be vacant.