Talent in 1a

pujo

Guest futballfever

Collinwood had the best skill players in the state.# are looking to sign D-1 scholarships. Ward, Victory and Green I doubt many other teams can boast that. Look Collinwood played CPA in the worst conditions and still played fairly well. Victory had 80 yards receiving that was more than all of USJ players. If the conditions had been more favorable the game would have been favoring Collinwood more.

Just because a school doesn't have a bunch playing college ball doesn't mean they don't produce a lot of good running backs. Sam Pickett that played on SP 99 team was one of the best to ever play 1A football. He set a record in the 99 clinic bowl of 6 TD. He is not playing college football.

Guest ChipBroome

You left out Scottie Rich #3. He is getting looked at by more teams than any player on the Collinwood team as far as I have heard. Good luck Scottie alot of teams have noticed your playing skills. I am proud of you and I am glad that dispite the politics at Collinwood you will end up with a full schoolarship plus red shirted the first year.

[Edited by ChipBroome on 12-16-02 11:14P]

Guest benb2712

And what was the score in the USJ/CPA game. 7-0 until the final minute. Collinwood was totally demolished on their home field 30-6. USJ has little speed, little talent, and their biggest players barely top 200 pounds. All year they battled bigger and faster oppenents reaching a 13-0 mark after, losing 19 seniors before, before coming up short against CPA.

I would say by the end of season boyd had more talent across the field. Ezell followed a close second. Cpa had a good team but not the greatest talent. Sure they had better discipline and coaching but not talent... Cloudland had a little talent and a lot of hardnose kids. Usj did a great job with the talent they had. Maybe next yr. their talent will bloom.. Collinwood had some talent but had too many weak spots. YOU can take 11 well coached and disciplined kids and do what a team with 3 talented players cannot. Cpa proved that... But cpa has some great talent coming in the next two yrs. Cloudland will be good next yr. but probably have too many weak spots. Usj will be good maybe the best. Ezell lost too many key players look for cpa to rule the roost in region 5. South pitt. is young and cant be ruled out for next season.Boyd lost too many players to be as dominating next season. Greenback has the offense and the players coming back to be dangerous also. Next yr. should be interesting good luck to everyone. Remember hit the weights , run , and study because it will be here before you know it..

I agree with Deswar. Look at the all state team I don't remember many CPA players. They had no weak spots and all were good players thats why they won. But as far as talent Collinwood was still up there at the top. And to the usj fan the game between collinwood and CPA was closer than the score we went for it 3 times on fourth down inside our own 30 and didn't get it and CPA scored. This was late in the game. We were dominated by their defense but our defense did pretty well untill late in the fourth quarter. And as for Scottie he said that Arkansas State ws interested the coach came down last week sometime and only talked to 2 players and Scottie wasn't one of them it was jonathan And Jacob. Scottie wsn't even offered by UNA Shaun, Jacob , AND JONATHAN BOTH WERE, SO I FIND IT HARD TO BELIEVE SCOTTIE IS BEING LOOKED AT BY MORE SCHOOLS THEN THE REST OF ANY PLAYER ON COLLINOODS TEAM ( ESPECIALLY JONATHAN)Sorry about the caps lock I accidentally pushed it on.