MBA vrs Trinity

cmmndalum

I am from Kentucky well Bell Co which is far from Trinity H.S but my best advise for MBA is to call this game off.

Trinity will be able to name the score ,they are that good ...and don't get me wrong i am not a Trinity Fan.But if MBA think's that there going to come to Kentucky and play the big boy's than they better rethink there values and don't come up here and get the head's handed to them ,Because it will get pretty UGLY pretty FAST!!!!!!!!!

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know that MBA was 9-4 and that last year the gave up 240 points in 13 games (18.4 ppg)and that Brentwood Blew them out in week 8 31-6

And Trinity was 15-0 and last year they gave up 142 points in 15 games (9.4 ppg) and beat Ohio State's big school champ Cincinnati Elder 44-20.and beat St'Xavier 16-0 and St'X is one of the most successful programs in Kentucky.

and add to that they beat Male 59-56 in the Class 4A state Championship and Male had one of the nations top rated player Michael Bush..

and there is talk's that in 2004 Trinity will be playing De La Salle.

Don't get me wrong MBA is one of the top Private schools in Tennessee but that's it....they are not in the same league as a Trinity ,Elder,De La Salle ,or even a ST'X or a Male.

And oh yeah i read on here where someone said Brian Brohm was only 6'1" he is 6'5" and was one of the top QB in the Nation and will be next year the top QB prospect in the Country.

http://www.thsrock.net/athletics/varsityroster.html

Trinity is obviously very good, and will understandably be the favorite when it comes to Nashville this year. Brohm will be an excellent passer with which to contend (and, I may add, he will not be on the roster when MBA travels to Louisville in 2004). However, comparing who gave up more or less points this past season or who played who is worthless. Different teams take the field this year. MBA has the utmost respect for Trinity and knows it will be an uphill battle, but MBA has never shied away from anyone, and one will not find too many other alleged powers in the state of Tennessee who would step up to play such a quality opponent like Trinity.

As for MBA not being in the same league as Trinity, Elder, De LaSalle, St. X, and Male, that is partly true. First of all, De La Salle is in its own league; not even mighty Trinity is in the same league with DLS. As for Elder, true, it is a rising program, but it has years to go before it is recognized as the kind of Ohio power that schools like a St. Ignatius or a Moeller or a Princeton were in their heyday. As for St. X and Male, sure, great programs and great players from past and present on those teams, but look for them in the Super 25 final ranking archives at USA Today and you draw a blank. You cannot say the same for MBA; the Big Red has shown up twice. I will put MBA behind DLS and Trinity, and maybe even with Elder, but St. X and Male in a league above MBA? Hardly; at best in a league even with MBA, and perhaps in a league slightly below MBA (I'll retract this somewhat; let's call it even - both St. X and Male have won a lot of games over the years, but it would be hard to argue that the quality of competition is better in Kentucky than it is in Tennessee). Where do you rate Brentwood Academy as it relates to those teams? It has more Super 25 appearances than any other program in Tennessee and yet still has won only 4 out of 11 all time games versus MBA.

It is not worth making this thread a Kentucky versus Tennessee war of words, but you may want to consider how many Tennessee teams have appeared in the USA Today Super 25 versus Kentucky teams, or even consider who holds the decisive edge in the Tennessee versus Kentucky high school football series held each summer (TN leads 12-5), before you continue to dog MBA or any other high school program in Tennessee.

[Edited by rollredroll on 1-22-03 4:19P]

In 1999 MBA ranked as high as 7th in the country. In 2000 they finished 19th. They have won 4 out of the last 5 state championships. They have beaten the bolles school of florida, state champs again this year, who were number 1 in usa today in 1996, and number 10 at the time of their first meeting in 1999.In 1996 and 1997 MBA lost to a nationally #3 ranked BA team twice by less than two touchdowns combined. (a kid named Tito Lee was on that team that was as big a prospect as the southeast has ever seen) MBA finished 9-4 last year starting something like 15 jumiors and sophmores. MBA also boasts a good quarterback, not as good as Brohm, who will play ball somewhere in college, and there are other guys on next years team that will have a chance to sign as well. MBA will be outsized but make no mistake about it, they will be prepared. This level of competetion is nothing new to the Big Red.

[Edited by Redtwin on 1-22-03 3:38P]

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Great Post everyone!!! Well except all the Maryville Folk's on here that are just jelious because they ain't playing againest big time compatition ,but guy's Trinity respects MBA and we are looking foward to the chance to play one of the top teams in Tennessee MBA!!!!

But as already pointed out Trinity will be no cupcake for MBA and as a matter of fact they will be the havily foviort come game time...

Good Luck to MBA and i will look foward to haveing a Kentucky POWER V/S Tennessee POWER it will make for a great match-up...

And if anyone is interested in reading up on Trinity football or any other Kentucky team in any sport just follow this link and ENJOY

www.bluegrasspreps.com

And BTW i am southeast_bell at BGP.COM i am looking foward to seeing YA there ....

I am not sure folks understand how good MBA and Coach Rutledge is. I gained lots of respect for MBA at the State Championship game. Kentucky football has never impressed me that much. BA has lost to only one Kentucky team that I can think of, and that was last year with St. X, which BA broke down and lost the game. BA lost to St. X with a missed extra point from what I remember. BA has played the KY large school state champs and beaten them bad in the last 20 years on numerous occasions. Do not take MBA for granted as BA did in the State Championship. You will leave the field with a loss. ;)

If KY football is so great, why is the best team there Bowling Green? UK always does good to play .500 ball, and Louisville has had good teams in the past but is inconsistent. You would think the KY athletes would go to the KY state schools. KY is a basketball state, for sure, but football? Nah, they play weak teams. My money is with MBA this year. Go Big Red! By the way, I am a Brentwood Academy fan.....

[Edited by Brandon100 on 2-6-03 7:10P]

I don't know where you get that Tennessee is any better than Kentucky in football? my school does not schedule any Tennessee team because it would be a total JOKE!!!

Mayfield H.S(KY) Beat Jackson north side H.S(TN) 21-0 and Mayfield is a 1A school in kentucky and Jackson is a 4A in Tennessee.

Williamsburgh(KY) beat Jellico(TN)33-13 and Williamsburg is one of the weakest 1A high school in Kentucky

Paducah Tilghman(KY) beat Union City(TN) 26-13

Trigg Co(KY) beat South Fulton (TN) 41-7

And the list goes on and on........

Coming from a fan of Kentucky H.S Football Tennessee H.S football IN KENTUCKY IS A JOKE!!!!!!!!

Look at last years KY V/S TN All star football game who won??Kentucky did and we are going to do the same thing this year..

And oh yeah MY PREDICTION on the Trinity/MBA game i will say.

Trinity 56

MBA 13

Wait and see BLOWOUT CITY

i have never even heard of any of the TN teams that you are talking about losing to KY teams. Are there any good teams out of TN that have lost to KY teams? How many state titles does your school have? what is your school? the all-star game means nothing. i know several people who play d-1 now who didn't want to waste their time with the all-star game. we will see in august.