White Station vs Ridgeway; 2 best in the state

TheEgoHasLanded

These two squared off at WSHS Monday night in a game that featured the two state champions in AA and AAA.

I saw some site that had WSHS ranked number 11 in the country. Boy they didn't look that great to me...I think the halftime score was in the mid 20's and they were down by 1. Ridgeway was beating them the entire first half since WSHS was in foul trouble. Bradshaw is the most over rated player I think I have ever seen in sports. I am sorry, I am a UT fan, and I hope he does awesome in college but it sure didn't look like the best player in the city tonight. He had 6 points-all on layups- with 6 minutes to go in the game. I left since WSHS was up by 13 at that time. He missed two threes, got called for charging twice, missed some free throws and missed a few layups. After he scored his fourth point of the game in the third quarter, he danced and bragged then missed the free throw attempt. I hope he becomes a great player...but he is playing the post on a 2-3 defense and at 6'3 he won't be able to do that at UT. He will have to play the 1 or the 2 and also guard GUARDS. With UT having a great freshman point guard in C.J. I am wondering when, and if he will play. I do not know the kid, and I'm not trying to be hard on him, but averaging 11 points a game is not what I would call stellar numbers, especially for a kid who is going to the SEC. I have seen him play since he was in the 9th grade, and he still is just a really big kid who is somewhat slow, doesn't jump real high on his shot, and doesn't do one thing really well. The best facet of his game is his ball handling, but there were a few times on the court where he was by far the slowest person on the court. Does anyone else agree or disagree with me? I assure you, I am not the only one who thinks this...Memphis didn't recruit the kid, and many other schools didn't either. Many sports talk shows are questioning Peterson's decision here. White Station sure didn't look that great as a team tonight, but Ridgeway is a very good opponent, and definitely has a chance to win state again.

According to the Commercial Appeal, the Bolton girls beat White Station 52-47. That was the score it showed WS losing by on the boys' scoreboard.

Bolton will not beat White Station as long as Reggie Williams is the coach there and Terry Tippett is the coach at White Station. Bolton wins most of the games they do on athleticism, and athletes don't beat well-coached and better athletes.

I have never seen him play. What I seem to gather is that he is perhaps one of these players that has a lot of intangibles that are simply not that measurable. I suppose I base most of this on the AAU team this summer. 0-2(or was it 0-3)without him...beating top notch teams after he arrived. I have seen very few people rave about him...but there still seems to be something ABOUT him that makes him a good player. I do think in the first game against BTW he played really well and he was the guy at the end of the game with the ball in his hand that salted away the game. Time will tell on him...but there just seems he has something to his game.

Bradshaw is a great Role Player. He does the little things to help win games.......

BUT.........

He is not an SEC player, and would be no more than a Role Player at the mid major level. Most have him ranked #1 or 2 in the state, which is ludacris. I know Mid majors that wouldn't have recruited him.... He is a To 15 Senior in a mediocre class in the State.....

To his credit, Bradshaw could give UT some quality minutes in some spots off the bench for the next 4 years, but nothing more.... He plays hard, and I like his unselfishness, and wish the best for him, but, well, I've said my piece.....

Rebelron I wish that too. I've seen Dane Bradshaw play before because I had heard some things about him. I guess I'm with gomab here when I say I really wasn't very impressed with him. Don't get me wrong, he's a good player, BUT...........I have seen players that have 10x the talent he has. When I saw TN was recruiting him I thought Buzz Peterson was crazy. I know I would rather have Lee Humphrey or a lot of other guys playing for me over Bradshaw.