Dyer Co. Punishment

overtime

IF Butch is gone after tomorrow night who coaches the Choctaw's the rest of the season? Will it be Lonnie Starks or is he going to be brought down in this also. Maybe it will be Coachinhoops. That would give new life to this board for a while. Anyone have any inside iformation or thoughts? (other than Altshauf...he has no clue.)

[Edited by overtime on 12-19-02 7:33P]

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

In all probility Butch will be gone after the holidays. It's a shame, but the TSSAA wants him gone. Here's how they got the film of the Milan scrimmage. Milan coach did not film the scrimmage, but apparently a parent did. Someone called Jim Towater (who by the way used to be employed by Dyersburg) to see if he could come up with a video. He apparently did and mailed it to Dyersburg or to Covington. Someone is now accusing DC of Courtney Jones practicing without a physical. This will go on and on until Butch is gone. I think it is time for Dyer County's superintendent to stand up for his people. In the history of the TSSAA I can't think of a time that they have asked a coach to step down. Dr. Hedge knows what Dyersburg has done and has the prove. What's he afraid of. If he doesn't do something maybe the school board will. Maybe it's time to put the city school system and the county school system under one umbrella. That way maybe the playing field will be even.

your right oldtimmer, i dont have a clue because i dont live in dyer county. so, therefor i dont have any inside information. sorry! anyway, shooter, if you want something to be done about butch getting fired (allegedly, we still really dont know yet for sure do we? seriously?), or anything else, there is a tssaa website that you can go to for complaints. i wouldnt put blame on the superintendent though.

Guest handydan

Shooter 41 you took the words right out of my mouth. What keeps the superintendent's lips sealed? Since there are so many cases of malpractice in that big file of his, why not call a spade a spade and report it.

Sure Dyer County has done their share of wrong, but equal crimes deserve equal punishment. All schools should use the same measuring stick even Dyersburg.

It appears that Dyersburg will get what they want, with Hopkins' dismissal or resignation. When and how??? Well that is yet to be seen, but it will happen. This fan just hopes justice will be done. If not the chant- Lawsuit, Lawsuit, Lawsuit will be the sound ringing throughout Dyer County all the way to the TSSAA. Can you hear it Ronnie. Can you hear it Sam Miles.

If this is Coach Hopkins' last ride make it a good one. Send the black and gold home with no doubts who the better team is.

[Edited by handydan on 12-19-02 11:07P]