Dyer Co. Punishment

overtime

you two take the cake. Everyone in the entire county knows that coach coffman recruits. The year he went to dyersburg he took a girl with him that had been practicing at dyer co. V.S intials ring a bell. she came from a county school so dont give me the bull$%** about dyersburg not doing anything wrong. another reason why things are never done to dyersburg is because our county superintendant has no backbone to stand up and say what needs to be said about all of the recruiting that goes on. Granted Butch has done some questionable things while at dyer co but so has coach coffman.. And for those of you that thinks montrelle would be kicked of dyersburg team you are an idiot. He is probably one of the best pg in the southeast. So dyersburg fans you are getting your wish because from what i am hearing there will be an anoucement sometime this week about the future of butch at dyer co. I hope our kids respond accordingly by thrashing dyersburg really bad and never let up

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest jockrock2003

I just find out tonight, from two different coaches at our game, that the word is out on the punishment at Dyer County.

According to the coaches, the death penalty will not be given to the entire program. I will keep you people in suspense, the official announcement will most likely come after the Dyersburg game on Friday, and it looks like a long season coming up for the boys, to bad. Could even be a job coming open. Now keep this in mind that the coaches would not reveal who, but did say info is from inside the Dyer Coounty Camp.

anywho, it will be over soon.

Doesn't really matter if DCHS is looking for a new BBcoach..If he wins and get's a lot of press. They'll turn him in too for something. When DCHS get's back up in football they'll get them too! People outside of Dyersburg and Dyer County don't really understand what's going on between these two schools. DCHS has dominated in sports over the past three years, plus the new state of the art high school doesn't help the situation. Dyersburg is not used to playing second fiddle. They can't stand it! And it's a shame, because after Friday night it could very well be the last meeting between these two schools.

basket dude, you sound like you have a lot of class blasting the ceo at dyer cnty schools , how about your backbone, is there something wrong with yours?....

regarding any coach at dburg, my statement still stands....if you have any information or proof about a coach doing something illegal, then exercise your right to contact the tssaa and make a complaint...... let the chips fall where they may........ the CEO of the school system does not have to do that, you can do it, come on now, take that first step, don't be afraid, it will be ok....if the tssaa finds something was afoul, then administer punishment.... the difference between you and me is, i will accept it and move on and not blame you for doing the right thing and reporting it....... hopefully, it will make me a better person....

a coach who is aggressive, has a hard work ethic, a strong desire to win, will cross the line sometimes...... some coaches will cross the line more than others, accidentally or intentionally........ the key to keeping your program clean is supervision.......... not by the coach, but by an athletic director who has the authority to manage the entire program...take necessary disciplinary action against a coach....... whatever the outcome is, dyer cnty administration needs to be more pro-active and place a person full time within the system with that responsibility...

i hope that the two schools continue to play, dyer cnty always provides for a great atmosphere, sure i want dburg to win, but win or loose is not the issue, i also enjoy going to a packed house and seeing a great high school game....

shooter,

do you not read what i say???i said that montrell couldnt get into dyersburgs basketball program because of his attitude. thats it. i know he has a scholarship to mtsu. im talking about class and attitude. that is what i beleive that he doesnt have. mtsu is recruiting his stats. he has started and done well for dyer county. but he wouldnt have been able to do it at dyersburg, thats all im saying.

Guest jockrock2003

Hey Shooter! I do not live in Dyer County and I can tell you that coaches in this district are all pointing fingers at the boys basketball program at Dyer County. They aint pointing fingers at Dyersburg, in fact I have never seen or heard one negative thing about any wrong doing at Dyersburg. Now I do admit that I have seen both of their coaches and they rant and rave during the game, but who don't? Two of my hunting buds who coach at two different middle schools, told me last week that a coach from Dyer County had approached a player on each of their teams early last seasons, trying to get them to come to Dyer County High, even though they were in another county. So, outside of Dyer County, everyone else DOES KNOW what is going on. I think only the people in Dyer County are the ones that do not really know what is going on!

Coaches in the district are NOT pointing fingers at the Dyer Co. Boys program. Why would they? They all realize all they have to do is play and it will take care of itself on the court. Zealous fans and schools outside this district are the ones pointing fingers. Dyersburg is not the only one.

Coaches today are under intense scrutiny. They, quite frankly, are paid to win.

What they should be paid for is to make sure these young men learn discipline, develop character, and prepare them for life after high school, whether it be in college or in the work force. If they are not doing that, then they should probally look for other means to make a living.

The only ones that will get hurt in this whole mess is the kids. Whoever is responsible for that should be held accountable as well.

Just a humble opinion from a basketball fan.

The problem with Dyer Co. and Dyersburg is Brown and Hopkins. Both are incredibly competitive, which can sometimes be a bad thing. When you are willing to bend or break the rules to win, just so your ego will be satisfied, it's time to get out. Don't get me wrong, they are both knowledgeable of the X's and O's but let's be real. They have finally realized you can't make chicken salad out of chicken crap. They realize they need good athletes to win. What kind of success did they have at Dyer Co. before the wave of talent the past 4 years? Your answer is very little. What kind of success has Dyersburg had the past 4 yrs? Very little. Why in the heck do you think Brown left McNairy? Because the well was getting very dry. So, as knowledgeable as Butch and Brown think they are, the bottom line is you need talent to win. They are both willing to do anything to win, and that is a BAD THING. What are they teaching the youth of Dyer County? I know one thing, I would not want my children to be coached by a man like that. A man that sets that type of example (break the rules to get what you want) is one of the reasons our country's morals and values have gone right down the toliet the past 20 yrs. But, it's just my opinion.

What planet are you living on. The TSSAA does not take complaints from fans seriously. They just file them away. The complaints have to come from a school adminstrator or coach. If Joe Fan calls Ronnie Carter he listens politely and forgets it. I stated earlier that I do not have any Hard Proof of any wrong doings by Dyersburg, but Dyer Co. has had a thick file on them for a number of years, but they chose to not do anything with it. I am sure Dyersburg has had stuff on DC for year, but waited until DC was at the top to do anything. I hope that the integrity of the TSSAA is not such that Ronnie Carter would allow his buddy Sam Miles to influence his descisions, but I do know that Sam Miles is not the goody two shoes that you think he is. I do agree that DC needs a full time AD like Dyersburg has,but your AD is not a saint. Come on you are one of the ones that can't wait for DC to get hammered on this.

Alshauf, Montrelles attitude is no worse than some of the Dyersburg players. You don't have a clue as to what you are talking about.

The only thing that needs to happen in this situation is that Butch needs to resign, just to stop all of this stuff and let the student atheletes get back to playing a GAME. That is all this is about a GAME.

Whatever the outcome of the situation is, I hope that Dyer County and Dyersburg continue to play each other in sports. I hated the days when the only time you could see these two teams play each other was go to the jamboree. Whenever you walk into a gym when DC and Dyersburg are playing each other it doesn't feel like a high school basketball game, it feels like a game on the collegiate level. I have been to many rivalry games in the country like Alabama and Auburn and the DC and DHS rivalry is on the same level as that game to me.

People have turned to this thing into a life or death thing and it ain't( Dyer County Grammar). This is the same reason that they stopped playing each other in sports 50 years ago.

During World War 1, Germany and Britian were fighting a war and on Christmas they stopped the fighting and played soccer and talked to one another. We can't even stop fighting about a subject like basketball.

[Edited by lovethegame on 12-18-02 8:43A]

overtime, you mean the tssaa does not take complaints from non-school persons...well, i guess someone might ought to tell that to that high school baseball coach (who is related to me-still proud of him however) and whos team could not play for 2 years in post season action...he was turned in by a "unknown citizen"......they had the proof and made the allegation....(the proof was merely a newspaper sports story with a box score mailed to tssaa) end of that story....

i am sure that we all have bones in our closet...however, my point is when you get caught doing something wrong, don't minimize it by saying that "their just jealous" or "everyone else does it"......correct the problem and move on.....

do the right thing......that is if you have proof, make the complaint and let the chips fall where they may.... i will accept it and i can assure you that the Dburg program will accept it and move on....

the test of a mans character is how he reacts to "adversity".....those that acknowledge and correct wrong doing, pick themselves up and move on are seen has having "great character"...... that concept needs to be taught in both systems, as it is evident here on these threads that there are few who understand that....

both dburg and dyer cnty are blessed with two great school systems......great educators.....good coaches...both systems are consistently ranked in the top in both academics and teacher salaries......that cannot be said for some fans or coaches....for some reason they put a bigger price on "winning" at all cost, whether be it at dburg or dyer cnty..... so sad.......

[Edited by mg on 12-18-02 10:24A]