Dyer Co. Punishment

overtime

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest handydan

I have been made aware that Dyersburg High School is up to their old tricks again -- Trying to cause trouble for Dyer Co. High School. Presently the TSSAA is going through a trial with Brentwood Academy about students who wanted to go to Brentwood and the coach sent them a letter and some football game tickets and the TSSAA fined them for recruiting. Last year Dyersburg turned in Dyer Co HS for letting a Jr High student ride the bus to a basketball game. So let me ask the Dyersburg people what this sounds like! Dyersburg Coaches going by and picking up a Jr. High player who was attending a county school - taking her to Dyersburg High School for shooting practice at 7:00 A.M. during the school year for shoot-a-rounds. The coach setting with her dad at Jr. High games - carrying her dad to games in which the Dyersburg Coach was scouting a high school game - using the coaches TSSAA pass to get the parent into the games free. Doesn't this sound very familiar with what is going on with the TSSAA and the courts? This student is now attending Dyersburg High School and is a star freshman player on the girls basketball team. Why don't the rules of the TSSAA apply equally to everyone. Could it be because Sam Miles is on the Board of Controls and the rules don't apply to Dyersburg High School? That the TSSAA has said in meetings that no one has the right to violate the rules - then how could Dyersburg get permission to hold a basketball camp during the "dead period" when during the dead period no coaches are to have contact with High School players - but the TSSAA gave Dyersburg permission to hold a basketball camp during this time. And there is a lot more of this if people would just open their eyes and look equally upon Dyersburg and other schools - There is a lot more ......

montrell's attitude, the taylor kid has the worst attitude i have ever seen, even though he is a great player he needs an attitude adjustment. by the way, does anyone know who was the rumored dyersburg booster that was susposed to of contacted the transfer and his family??? about dyersburg not contacting kids to go to school there, a coach contacted a family member of mine numerous times his summer before high school. so what about that??? ;);):rolleyes::x:x

Guest Phisherman

For years Butch has been doing whatever he wants, whenever he wants. If it meant breaking the rules he broke them. If it meant turning his own coaching peers against it did not matter. But I ask you this, is he the first to do this? NO! Will he be the last? NO!

[Edited by Phisherman on 12-18-02 7:59A]

When have you ever kept your mouth shut? But, I agree with you. These treads have been pasted and emailed to the TSSAA. And unlike Overtime's tread there is some proof. And contrary to popular belief there are some Choctaw friends among the coaching and adminstration ranks that will come to their aid.

When have you ever kept your mouth shut? But, I agree with you. These treads have been pasted and emailed to the TSSAA. And unlike Overtime's tread there is some proof. And contrary to popular belief there are some Choctaw friends among the coaching and adminstration ranks that will come to their aid.

dude, what about what? first of all. recruiting is happening plain and simple man. no, montrell couldnt play for dyerburg because of his attitude. you my friend, like others on this thread have just read one or two postings before you write a response. no, montrell couldnt play for dyersburg. go back and read why. jeremy doesnt have the worst attitude youve ever seen. that would be mike tyson during the 90's. look, i said earlier that WHOEVER is doing the recruiting should be punished. dont jump in here and say something you think you know, when i agree with what you are trying to put me down for. im sorry, it doesnt work that way...

hey mg,

i know who you are and you know who i am. make no mistake about it because we have both played ball with frank morgan, preston barbie, and john martin. i completly agree with you on the complaining to the tssaa. if anyone thinks that DYERSBURG has done something wrong, then do something about it. obviously we dyersburgians must have been the ones to accuse dyer county of EVERYTHING wrong that they have done. well, dyer county just loves to put the blame the black and gold when the chips are down. im just giving my opinion to everyone out there that might hear what i think of butch hopkins. im saying that HE is the reason that there is trouble. thats it!