Talented Young Coaches

Guest Lowdown

Guest Lowdown

I was just wondering some of the names, of young coaches, that we will be hearing about for the next few years.

All you coaches and players please drop some of the names of the best assistant coaches. Name some that do a good job at your school, or at a rival school.

Please remember that I said young. I know that their are alot of head coaches out there that always get the press.

Let's talk about some of the guys that are behind some of these good football teams.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Spencer Riley- offensive coordinator, Karns High

Rocky Riley- offensive coordinator, South-Doyle High

Both of these coaches are in the middle of major rebuilding projects. They coach with enthusiasm, discipline, and teach great technique. They will both make good head coaches in high school, unless they skip off to college jobs.

Coach Pratt of Crockett County has pulled arguably one of the best program turnaround jobs in state history. I believe Coach Pratt is around 35 or 36 and should have a bright future ahead of him. I would love to see him take a position coach job at a big time college program and work his way up through the ranks and maybe be a big time head coach one day at the D1 level. That may not be his personal goal but I think he has the personality, mind,and work ethic to be a big time coach at the next level.

Coach Andy Brady (same age as Coach Pratt), Crockett County's defensive coordinator is a true player's coach. You won't find a single defensive player for Crockett County who has ever played for him that doesn't love him to death. Year in and year out, Crockett County has a consistently tough and hard nosed defense that seems to get better and better as the year goes along. I was fortunate enough to play under both and, as my teamates would also tell you, I feel like I was made a better person through their instruction. Crockett County is lucky to have both and I hope they do what is necessary to keep them here.

Volfan911