Teams That Have Been Pleasant Surprises

ctsports

Folks:

Gimme your nominations as teams that have surprised you with their stellar play in the first half of the 2002-03 season.

My choice is Morristown East. At the break, the Hurricanes have won seven straight and are 8-2 on the season.

The team has several players averaging double figures in scoring while playing outstanding defense.

I beleive Lookout Valley has surprised alot of people.coming off a loss to Silverdale Baptist on the first game of the year and then losing to Central the game after that. Aftre losing one more to Ringgold won8 straight and came to win the Sequatchie Valley Classic Tournament at Whitwell making them 10-3 and 20th in the state. :D

Guest heatherwind

Lexington High School in West Tennessee has started strong -- 10-3; They have a balanced team and are plenty deep. Couple of the freshmen boys are going to be forces to be reckoned with. Good coach, too.

A team that I was impressed with last week @ Smyrna's Christmas Tournament was Hunters Lane High School. They ripped through three pretty good teams en route to the championship there. I thought they were well coached, played extremely hard and smart along the way. I know they are in a tough district but they could be a factor!

• 2 weeks later...