West Tenn. Basketball...

PantherGam

Believe me, it is so much better than the Midstate and East, that you wouldn't believe it! I know first hand. The athletes are tremendous. We sure wasn't up to the task. Dyer Co. and Bolivar have tremendous athletic ability. Not seen in Nashville, believe me! We have a lot of catching up to do. You can play good defense and still lose on athletic ability.

where are you from?we have three tough teams in our district in single A.we also play dyre county and dyersburg twice each year.it helps playing tough teams to get you ready for tournament time.it helped last year as we were the only team(halls)who beat dyre counties starting 5 in last years regular season.im not counting the two other losses when they had two other starters missing even though it was a loss.there is a fantastic group of talent in west tennessee and we have improved over the years.

we are talking about the overall competitiveness in west tn.tennessee temple won the state last year in single A but that doesnt mean that there were more better teams in east or middle last year.in the semifinals against ezel harding,we probably had the worst shooting performance all year.if we played a half way decent game last year against ezell,we would have beat them.sometimes one team prevails as state champions because they played the best when they got to the state.bolivar had a terrible first round loss to marshall county last year.bolivar would have given ridgeway a tougher contest just like dyre county did in the semifinals.before getting to the state,there are some great games from some very talented players in west tennessee.the compeition in west tn boys are getting alot better compared to the past.halls beat pickett county boys last year in the first round.lots of people were picking pickett to win it all last year with two great players.i knew pickett was going to have some problems against the halls quickness because they can shoot the ball as well as pass well.that was very evident in the beginning.aarons play from the outside and beatys inside work kept pickett hanging around.sometimes when middle tennessee teams get a good reputation from winning alot and use to beating some west tn teams,it sometimes hard to get the respect.the competition outside of memphis has gotten alot better because the talent.this makes high school basketball throughout the state that much better.i know as an athlete myself that when people seem to not give you enough credit and underestimate you,it can motivate.its great to see teams throughout the state get better and improve because this makes tenneessee high school basketball that much better.personally,i cant wait to tournament time.there should be some great matchups throughout the state in regional play.i know because of the good talent in some districts and regions that only two teams can emerge to the state tournament while one remains at home and not even make it to the substate.

i guess you are messing with me.believe it or not,i use to be a great speller,but,my typing skills are limiting to the hunt and pec method at 35 -40 words per minute.thats pretty good.lol.my head is down when typing and sometimes i never go a check to see if everything is correct.oops.almost made another boo boo.lol