White Station High School Memphis, TN?

Guest MajorPaine

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's not a senior laiden team so much as the years past. They do not have a big 6'8 guy or anything like that...they also don't have anyone that can just knock down the three every time and extend a defense like Earnest Shelton. They have some terrific sophomores that will be great one day...and possibly the best sophomore in Shelby Metro/ West TN in J.P. Prince. I'm not real high on Bradshaw and he's not really their go to player since they lack one. They are a great team, and have a great coach in Terry Tippett. In my humble opinion, they are not the 15th best team in the state...probably top 10 in the SE, but I know some of the Georgia and Florida teams are very strong. Regardless, they are the defending state champions, and they think they are going to win it all again.

Guest MajorPaine

Thanks for the responses. The tournament of champions will host White station, Westbury Christian(TX), and St. Raymonds (Bronx NY). Also from Missouri: Desmet (#2 in state last year)and Kickapoo (ranked #1 class5 currently). This tournament will be host to lots of Div.1 signees. Should be a great event.

I've seen White Station play twice. Once last year and again this year. Both were in Myrtle Beach, SC at the Beach Ball Classic, a national invitational tournament with a great deal of history. Last year they won it, I believe they played Lincoln (a team from up north for the title). I think Sebastian Telfair (sp?) plays for them. Much like last year they get the job done on both ends of the court. this year they are a well balanced team, as far as offense and defense. They are led by a bunch of seniors a few of which are can ball. from what I have seen they are one of the best teams in the state and possibly the southeast. If you have to play W.S. be ready for a bout, they're well balanced and know the game.