Alcoa Job

Guest middledog

My sources are telling me ... unconfirmed ... that the search committee has narrowed the list of candidates to three and will be interviewing these three soon:

1. Steve Fickert - former head man at William Blount

2. Bill Satterfield - current head coach at Greenback

3. Emory Hale - former Oak Ridge and Maryville head coach

I don't see how they could go wrong with any of these three.

GovMan

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest AlcoaChamp

sorry to tell you but your "people" are wrong. none of them are top people. The one coach has made a big push is the offensinve cordinator at Oak Ridge High School. The coach from Riverdale sends in an application every time theres an opening so his school system can bust up his pay rais so he won't leave. another big one is one of the maryville Assistans (runnin back coach i cant remember his name). but there has been over 25 we will find someone and return to the top.

I agree that Alcoa will "return to the top." They've got an incredible amount of young talent. I believe that Fickert, Satterfield, or Hale could come in and win right away ... so any of those three they pick, they should be fine.

Oh, one another name getting tossed around alot over in the Springbrook area is Charles "Cookie" Frye. Former MHS assistant under Hammontree and native Alcoa boy. And speaking of Hammontree, there's much speculation that he's thrown his name into the hat.

GovMan

Posted by Rebelsman:

Frye got fired or was a short timer in every coaching job he had. If he is that good, why isn't he coaching someplace now? In Blount County.

Number 1, who said he was that good? Number 2, name me one place he ever got fired from. Number 3, tell me about all of his "short time" jobs.

Gov