I know Coach Bassham would most definately

be a legit candidate. I'm not sure about any

of the other's mentioned. Who is Rickey Rice

and does anyone have his credentials. :confused:

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Coach Rice is a terrific coach and has really helped out the Perry County football team. You wouldn't believe the improvements he's made since he's been here. If he does leave us, it will be a tragic loss to the football program and the school. I would wish him well though as the pay and potential in Mt. Pleasant are nearly too great for anyone in their right mind to turn down.

Does anyone know his thoughts on the matter?

Guest lovebaseball

the word in mp is why is coach wolaver even looking for a coach when there is one right under his nose? coach bassham has an excellent win record more than anybody will ever have at mt.pleasant or has ever had? coach wolaver needs to get things straight this coaching position is about what is right for the school and the community . :o

Guest golfer15

I am curious since I am from Marshall County and heard that Coach Jim Hamilton has applied for the job. I was fortunate to get to know him when he was here. If it is true that he has applied, he would be a good candidate since he knows the game very well. It is about time he becomes a head coach.

Guest golfer15

Hey goinggoing, it is funny you know everything, here I am, reading all of these messages, so please tell me, who has applied, and who is going to have a legit chance? What about Jim Hamilton? Did he apply?

[Edited by golfer15 on 1-16-03 9:46P]

Guest goinggoing

No golfer, I don't know the scoop but there

is one particular person who is reading all

of the posts who does or can get the scoop

c'mon coach tell us what will happen! ;)

I believe its time to give Coach Bassham an opportunity to lead Mt. Pleasant football back to prominence. He has remained loyal to his hometown school and community for years when he has had many opportunities to move on to other positions. He has a great appreciation for the history and tradition of Mt. Pleasant football.

Coach Bassham has done an outstanding job being the head man in baseball for years. His teams are constantly the most prepared in the middle state area. You know when you play Mt. Pleasant that you are going to play a team that is well disciplined and plays the game hard.

For years and years, Coach Bassham lead the Mt. Pleasant defense. During his tenure, you knew that defensively you were in for a challenge when you faced a Coach Bassham defense. I now hope that he now gets the opportunity to be the head of a school he so dearly loves.