Best QB in 2003

Guest middledog

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i've been waiting on someone to throw Ridgeway's QB Will Hudgens name out there. He has a prototypical QB body at 6'4 200 pounds and one of the best arms I've ever seen. He has a great sense of the game and takes control of his team. Now we faced Obion County in the first round of the state playoffs 2 years ago. NOw I could be wrong in assuming that the quarterback at that time was Wes Moore, but if it was he threw 6 int's against us in that game and we went on to win 35-0. Now you can use the excuse that he was a sophomore, but so was our quarterback Will Hudgens, he threw for over a 100 yards, 2 td's, and no picks. He has not had the best recievers at Ridgeway the past couple of years, but he has still put up some pretty good numbers. On top of all of this, he led his team to a state title this year. Enough said.

qbsdad,

I heard your son was a pretty good player as well, but do him a favor and let him play without his father putting extra pressure on him. QB is hard enough to play without thinking about being "the best in Knoxville." Big deal if he doesn't have the numbers to receive the sacred award. QB's are measured in heart and victories. If he works and leads his team, then all of the award B.S. will take care of itself, and unless your going to help block for him, you probably shouldn't add the pressure of trying to beat Maryville in the season opener. A quote from Troy Aikman after winning his first Super Bowl might put it in perspective.--"If winning the Super Bowl is what makes me happy, then I'll be miserable as heck most of my life, because it doesn't happen much."

-By the way, I heard Coach Riley has been added to the Carter staff-the Carter kids will respect him and enjoy playing for him-that might be Carter's best all-time hire. He'll bring a winning attitude that rubs off on the other coaches, players, school, and community.

no im not downgrading wes moore, and his numbers don't lie. However Obion county is a throwing offense. And let's be honest, one or maybe two picks would be acceptable and you could just say well he had a bad game, but six in one game is downright awful. Now no disrespect to other teams, but we were probably the first real good secondary that Wes faced that year, and looked what happened. But i totally agree that he is a very capable quarterback. And believe me when I tell you that Will Hudgens does not need me to downgrade anyone to make him look good. You ask anybody in the Memphis area who the top quarterbacks are and Will Hudgens will probably be the first name that comes out of their mouth.

jayray51,i remember the game 2 years ago and hudgens is a fine qb no harm meant on this end either it just seems like everybody in the state want to take a shot at wes he is afine young man and an outstanding athlete i think the people from rural west tenn. and the memphis area need to stick by each other when it comes to the playing ability of our players and teams because the rest of the state doesnt seem to think our players are very deserving!

I totally agree with you Cradd, Memphis players and many rural players around Memphis don't get as much respect in football, or many other sports for that matter. When people hear of Memphis they immediately think basketball, but little do they know that there are many capble baseball,football, and soccer players in M-town too. I look on this website under posts such as "Top players in the state" and I never really hear that much about West TN, and that's absurd.