Best QB in 2003

Guest middledog

There could be a better QB out there than Obion County's Wes Moore, but his 3,179 passing yards, 31 TDs and only 8 INT as a junior surely put his name among the leaders. Im not about to say he is the best, but he could hold his own with most of the other QBs in the state. Already holds virtually all Obion County passing records and still has a year to play. More importantly than that, he is a quality young man and has a bright future with or without football.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There is A few things to consider at the QB position & what makes a Great QB. First, it is a team sport. What kind of Line does he have? What kind of receivers ? You must have a running game. Look at the system they have, is it 4-5 A Wide outs, or Power I Formation? Stats do not have a thing to do with how good a QB is. Look at Smyrna compared to Riverdale. Riverdales QB - has one of the best lines & running backs in the State- Hand the ball off - TD, Drop back to pass - have all day long to throw. Smyrnas QB- David Wolke, No blocking- No - Time. Hit receivers in the hands, they drop them, Wonder what Riverdale would be like with him?

Is Mark Byrd an option type Q.B. or a Q.B. that can throw the ball as well? Is he an athlete playing Q.B. or a true Q.B.? What is his size and speed. In K-Town the Dickey kid at Farragut will be the man. He has a good arm, good size, knowledge, and geneics. Farragut will also have a running game to keep defenses honest. Look for Dickey to put up big numbers.

I have to throw his name out there again..Ryan Moore from McCallie. Sure he had a down year last year, but he is still among the top quarterbacks in the state and clos to being among the elite in the nation. He speant the weekend after New Years in San Antonio at the National Junior Combine (only 200 invitations nationwide), and he's getting mail from all of the major colleges around the country. Look for him to have a much better year this year as he and McCallie will be on the rebound, and look for him to go to a big time college, at least for baseball...

Posted by redrage:

In K-Town the Dickey kid at Farragut will be the man. He has a good arm, good size, knowledge, and geneics. Farragut will also have a running game to keep defenses honest. Look for Dickey to put up big numbers.

So he's part of the Dickey family? It's good to know that another one's on the way!

Guest snagglepus

I DON'T MEAN TO BURST YOUR BUBBLE, BUT THE ONLY THING HE HAS RIGHT NOW IS SIZE!

I HAVE SEEN HIM PLAY AND HE DOESN'T IMPRESS ME! THIS IS HIS SENIOR YEAR, HE LOST HIS BEST RECEIVER IN BROWN. NO MATTER HOW HIS SEASON GOES THOUGH, I BET U.T. OFFERS HIM SOMETHING.

Guest AveryViking

redrage, I am not Byrd's coach, but I would best describe him as an athlete. He runs the option very well and can put the ball where he wants it on a pass play. He is a super open field runner and could be a great tailback on any team

he played for. This is just a guess on size, 5'8'' at 160.

I would say too short for college QB position, but he will play a key role running the ball regardless where he goes.

His speed is sub 4.5 and tough too get a hit on.