Dyer County School Board meeting

Guest Katman

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought this Tuesday meeting was going to decide what to do with Butch. DC needs to get things together over there, and where has the TSSAA come out and said that he is under the gun. I thought the principal was the one who said "enough". I have not read in any paper or on-line that T$$AA is trying to get rid of him. Furthermore, I have never even heard of that before, unless the Melrose football coach was told to. TSSAA is not the one pushing all of this, nor is Dyersburg, but whatever the deal is over there, DC had better get something resolved.

Here is my take on Dyer County situation: when you have 8th grade kids that can go anywhere they want to go out of middle school, and there are no zones, this problem of "recruiting" will always be there. When you have a kid that can drive right by one high school to go to another, then this will always happen. You cannot blame coaches for wanting the best athletes at there high school. Look at the problems Memphis has, kids can go anywhere, that is so crazy. Situation going on right now: good 6'8" kid is going to Hillcrest, transfer to prep school in California, comes back before Christmas, and says he wants to go to BTW so he can play with point guard Andre Allen. Is this right????? Absolutely not, yes he had a bona fide change of address, but he moved back to the same address. No way this is right.....

Until there are some rules in place (county), these things will always be going on, until then, quit complaining, about Sam Miles is out to get us, or whatever, because EVERYONE IS WRONG!!!!!!!!

Guest Katman

Thanks for the reply. Does anyone know when TSSAA is suppose to respond? This mess has gone on forever now and it seems like they would want some closure and move on.

Guest newguyonblock

WesCharge, whether or not Sam Miles is out to get Dyer County is not the point. What IS the point is that having Miles on the TSSAA board is a conflict of interest. As a principal, he should worry just about what is going on at his school. I have personally seen times when he, his coaches and athletic director Terry Glover at Dyersburg High School have been consumed by what those over at Dyer County are doing.

I think Miles has had something to do with what is going on with Butch Hopkins because he has constantly whispering in the ears of those on the TSSAA board, trying to influence them into taking action against the Choctaws.

If you don't know what's going on, I do. I have seen it for myself. Miles and many of the Dyersburg fans and coaches are jealous of Dyer County - jealous of the fact that a few players that coach Brown has cut from his team have gone to Dyer County and become solid basketball players.

Jealousy is a big issue here. Dyersburg knows that Hopkins is one heck of a coach and that he is more than capable of putting together a state championship team.

Like I said in a previous post, Dyersburg - Miles, the coaches and their fans - should worry about what goes on at their school and leave Dyer County alone.

Guest jockrock2003

I wonder if Sam Miles had anything to do with Jackson Nortside baseball getting the ax for a couple of years.

I wonder if Sam Miles had anything to do with Brentwood, Memphis Melrose, etc, etc, etc.

Give all those people in Dyer County a crying rag who just has to blame someone else for your problems. Just how blind are you? The fact that Butch is a good coach has nothing to do with squat. I am sure there are a lot of good people in jail. They made a mistake and are now paying the price. Why can't you people in Dyer County just grow up and move on and quit saying Dyersburg is jealous. Everyone in the State of Tennessee is tired of hearing you Dyer County people acting like children and blaming someone else, they see so why can't you. Besides, I personally spoke with a Dyersburg player who told me that he was recruited his freshmen year. He also said that their are several others on the Dyersburg team that too was recruited and they are still on Dyersburg's team. So someone is either lying, can't tell the truth or don't know the truth. I also was told by 2 of my friends who coach middle school and said their players were approached as well.

As far as Dyersburg goes, Thanks Dyersburg High for having the backbone to stand-up for what is right and doing the right thing and not geting on coacht and defending yourselfs. That shows that you have class.

[Edited by jockrock2003 on 1-9-03 5:12P]

You say that it is "not the point of whether Sam Miles is out to get Dyer Co. or not" yet your entire post is consumed with what you THINK Sam Miles is doing to Dyer County.

People ARE NOT JEALOUS of the success that Dyer County has had or is having.

The 'jealous' excuse is what desperate people use when they run out of excuses.

The only thing that you have control of is yourself. Clean up the program and the rest will take care of itself, TRUST ME.

This is what I been saying all along Wescharge. If you are going to punish Butch, then you have to punish all the coaches in Dyersburg and DC who have broken rules. They ALL have done it. I've got a feeling if Butch looses his job over this, there is going to be some mad folkes to deal with. There is alot of evidence being held back, that could damage Dyersburg's coaches and Administration. If push comes to shove, it will eventually come out. I promise you Dyersburg doesn't want this. I don't think the one or ones who started all this mess new how bad this situation had gotten on both sides, until it was too late. I think DC should clean up there mess and Dyersburg clean up their mess and they both leave each other alone.

If there is evidence that Dyersburg is in the wrong, then bring it out. This is like 2 six year old kids playing, and 1 of them broke the cookie jar, "not me, it is him", "no, it isn't me, you did that, wah wah wah wah wah wah wah".

And why in the world would Dyersburg be jealous of Dyer County, now I am laughing. You keep forgeting: Dyersburg is the cream of Dyer County :)