Cleveland High School

nick32

Though normally I am a supporter of the Bradley teams, I am most impressed with the Blue Raiders this year. Wow! What at year they are having. Is there anyone in the district that can stop Charles Little? The guy is a MAN.... And if you stop him inside what are you going to do with Cooper and Davis outside? Anyone hear what Tray Sharpe is going to do next year? Are there some colleges showing any interest? Man, with Cooper, Davis, Little and Sharpe Coach Green can throw anyone else off his bench in there and not skip a beat. I think it will be an interesting match-up between the Bradley Bears and the Raiders, maybe even the best game in the state that night. I always pick the Bears, but this time I may have to go out on a limb and pick the Raiders by about 8-10 points.

Cleveland played at Wm. Blount on Tuesday night and impressed me a lot. Wm. Blount played a pretty good game the first three quarters, but Cleveland's quickness and depth wore them down the final period. A couple of observations:

1. Little has enormous talent and potential ... he's still a little raw (but I guess he's just 15 or so). If he continues to work and if he's teachable, I think Aaron will have him ready to be a blue chip D1 recruit in a couple of years.

2. WB has played Maryville, Bearden, Science Hill, Greenville ... Cleveland is the best team they've played yet by far.

GovMan

What a shame that you would get on here and post things that you don't know anything about! To say that Charles Little doesn't "work hard" and is not "teachable" just shows that you obviously don't know anything about him nor do you know anything about the program that he plays in. It amazes me how quick people are in athletics to become jealous and be so critical of KIDS (or your competition)! You don't see him practice everyday and my money says that you have never coached him (or anyone else for that matter) to know if he is "teachable." Charles Little DOES have the potential to be something special. And YES, he does work hard at it and he is VERY "teachable!" Most importantly he is a GREAT kid and has a very good family! Someone once told me that when you are good nobody likes you, everybody is jealous of you, and everyone will talk about you. BUT when you aren't any good everyone will be your friend and not say a word!

Guest ballyhoo

cbr,

Who said Little didn't work hard or isn't teachable? Also, you seem to take your perception of criticism very personally. Are you related to Little? Are you Charles Little?

Lighten up

I was very impressed with Charles Little and Cleveland at the Super 16 tourney at Bearden. Little has a ton of potential and is one of the best posts anywhere right now. However, he was dismissed from the Travelers squad this past summer due to his commitment to the team. Players from that team said that he had a bad attitude. I was not there, so this is all hearsay. The Travelers are the premier travel team from Tennessee this side of Memphis. It seems very surprising that he did not realize what the Travelers could have done for him in terms of recruitment like they did for Lee Humphrey and Matt Malone. Either way, Coach Green will do his part and if Little wants to play at a top notch school and works toward that goal, he should be able to get it.....

Ballyhoo, if you will read mixitup's post the subject says "work hard, teachable". It goes on to say, "what a shame, he won't and he's not". So that is who said it. No I am not Charles Little and I am not related to him. I just know him. To say that I take it personally, yes I take it personally when someone talks about a kid on this message board in a negative way.

Guest ballyhoo

cbr,

thought you were replying to GovMan's post, my bad. I was impressed seeing Little play at the Super 16 as well. I heard someone say he is somehow related to Vince Yarbrough, is that how he knows Ron Slay?