Fairview High's New Team 2003 Good or Bad

Dand84

Guest Solid

Soccerdad, I agree the game should be fun, but Fairview gets dissed because SOME OF them ,brag like they are a butt kicking scoring machine. If they have improved it will be in their record of beating decent teams and they won't have to tell everyone how they knocked them on their a-- or passed all aroung everybody.....Fun yes, but these guys aren't Manchester United like they talk

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Solid

Soccerdad, I agree the game should be fun, but Fairview gets dissed because SOME OF them ,brag like they are a butt kicking scoring machine. If they have improved it will be in their record of beating decent teams and they won't have to tell everyone how they knocked them on their a-- or passed all aroung everybody.....Fun yes, but these guys aren't Manchester United like they talk

I didn't know there's only 4 in their district!

But upsets do occur on the "same" level. That's why we have three levels (A/AA, AAA, II). You wouldn't have the S.F. Giants (my team!) play the Nashville Sounds to see who is best. But the Sounds are great for their level. Its the same in high school. Actually, they should breakbown the A/AA level to make it more equitable for the A schools. Whay should a school of 200 play a school of 1000?

What's your definition of a good team? State champ, state finalist, region champ, region finalist...? Or are their other criteria. I have won championships, but they weren't always the best team I've coached. ;)

Yeah, some of them have tended to blame their lack of success on refs and their own bad play. Refs have bad and good days but I NEVER lost a game because of a ref. I lost it because I didn't bring my A game. No zebra lost it for me, I did it all by myself. That's a lesson they need to learn. Bad playing happens all the time - consistency is what makes a great team.

soccer dad many points proven and advice taken but on the refs i must step in i have played for 12 years and 13 in the fall when we played colubia we played horrible everyone of our players admits to it we honestly should have beat them at least a tie we had a ref that was outta shape.he didnt go back all the way on the line and one of our players had a hard shot and the goalie steped back into the net with the ball and yes it broke the plane and went all the way overbut the ref wasnt back to see it.yet we had more chances and they didnt go in but that one did cost us a lost it should have been a tie.and you may have to copy and past but i dont think i complained much about the refs at the page game i know and our team knows why we lost when page got there goals was the first 20-30 mins of the game the second half fairview would let page take any chances at shooting and fairview played there game and the coach of page didnt like it fairview scored and he was furious.he was saying dont drop to there level.....????? what is that supposed to mean.we came out and got phsyical with they and played hard soccer.i know its not on our schedule but we played CPA yeah the 5th ranked team in state and guess what fairview lost 2-1 and i am repeating 2-1 fairview had shots that should have gone in but just didnt refs werent much of a issue there some bad calls but both teams got them fairview can play with anyone you put them with granted we may lose but we can give a good game.also i beleive our district has grown to like 5 or 6 teams granted yeah 2 of them are very weak teams but you look at the scores of fairview's games last year and look at the ones this year.and about the records soccer dad our coach was saying that same thing to us yesterday at pratice and before the NCS game.tomorrow fairview plays rivial hickman county should be a good phsyical game but its soccer it is a home game for fairview admission for people is 3 bucks come and watch us just to see what we really play like.good luck to everyone this year in playoffs and thanx for you voice soccer dad!!!!!!!!!!!

To soccerdad,

My definition of a good team is a team that plays consistent soccer, doesn't hold refs accountable for a loss(too much, anyways :D ) and a team that always tries their hardest. I haven't seen Fairview, and I never said they were a bad team; dont get me wrong. All i am saying is that they are not at the level of other A/AA teams. I do not believe they could beat Ridgeway or Linoir City. About the upsets, I agree with the AAA, A/AA, Div. II comment, but I still believe that upsets do not occur to the level of other sports. Spring Hill could never beat Brentwood this year, yet they are both AAA.

To eastside,

CPA is not ranked 5th in the state, i don't know where you got that.

This is when i step in, listen up, there is one person on this thread that blames the game on the refs, and that's eastside. He is a little young and doesn't understand that it's never the ref's fault. It's only our fault david! And how could you have been playing for twelve years going on thirteen when you just turned sixteen?? were you running up and down the field in diapers?? Anyways we are 2-2 in our district and soon to be 3-2 come tuesday. this is my fourth year on the team and i can only say that we haven't had much of a program to build on b/c this coach of ours this year is my fifth since i've been in school. Plus, Fairview isn't a school that wants to support soccer for what it's worth. It's all about football, and baseball around here. And to get things straight i never said that i was gonna take everyone or whatever dude said earlier in the thread. I'm just indicating that that's the way i play soccer, very physical. To soccerdad and titansfan, thanks for understanding as i know you will. To the others i can say absolutely nothing because this is all childish to get on here and badmouth something that has the potential to be good. And to Eastside, maybe if you didn't play so sloppy you wouldn't have to blame the games on the refs!! :D

I'm out #6

I HAVE TO SAY SOMETHING TO EVERYONE IN THIS THREAD!!!

ALL OF YOU OTHER GUYS (NOT FROM FAIRVIEW) COME IN HERE AND BEGIN TO TAKE OFFENSE TO EVERYTHING THAT EASTSIDE SAYS. WHO CARES! IF YOU DISAGREE JUST SIMPLY SAY IT AND LET IT BE DONE. DON'T DRAG IT OUT. EASTSIDE KNOWS THAT EVERYONE IS USUALLY DISAGREEING WITH HIM BUT HE KEEPS STATING HIS OPINION, WHICH HE IS MORE ENTITLED TO THAN ANY OF YOU, THIS IS A THREAD ABOUT HIS TEAM. BUT I JUST THINK YOU SHOULD ALL JUST GET OFF OUR CASE. YOU ARE JUST MAKING PEOPLE THINK WE ARE A BUNCHA BIG HEADED PUNKS. WE ARE PROUD OF OUR TURNAROUND AND YOU TRY TO TAKE IT AWAY FROM US. WELL ALL I GOT TO SAY IS WHATEVER, CUZ SO FAR THIS YEAR WE ARE BETTER THAN 80% OF THE TEAMS WE PLAY, HOW ABOUT YOU? MAYBE THOSE TEAMS AREN'T VERY GOOD, BUT LAST YEAR THEY WERE SAYING THE SAME THING ABOUT US. SO MAYBE NEXT YEAR WILL BE EVEN BETTER FOR US. WE ALREADY KNOW FOR A FACT WE WILL HAVE MORE COMPETITION ON OUR SCHEDULE NEXT YEAR. YOU SHOULD BE WISHING US LUCK. BUT NOPE, YOU HAVE TO BRING US DOWN, LIEK MY FOOTBALL COACH, COACH TOMMY REWIS OF FAIRVIEW HIGH SCHOOL SAID,"PEOPLE DON'T LIKE IT WHEN YOU DO REALLY WELL OR REALLY POOR, THEY FEEL MORE COMFORTABLE WHEN YOU ARE A MEDEOCRE TEAM." THAT MEANS, WHEN YOU DO BAD YOU GET CRITICIZED, AND WHEN YOU DO GOOD YOU GET CRITICIZED. PEOPLE FEEL BETTER WHEN YOUR AN AVERAGE TEAM. WE GOT CRITICIZED LAST YEARFOR BEING BAD. THIS YEAR WE ARE BETTER THAN 80% OF OUR SCHEDULE SO WE GET CRITICIZED. I SUPPOSE YOU GUYS WOULD RATHER US GET CRITIZED FOR BEING A POOR TEAM WITH A SCHEDULE LIKE THIS:

BEARDEN

FARRAGUT

RIDGEWAY

LENOIR CITY

BRENTWOOD

DOBYNS-BENNET

MUS

CLARKSVILLE

HARPETH

NOTRE DAME

I SUPPOSE MAYBE WE MIGHT, JUST MIGHT, GAIN A TID BIT OF RESPECT IF WE SOMEHOW BEAT ALL OF THEM. I'M SURE THATS THE ONLY WAY, SINCE NOTHING IS GOOD ENOUGH FOR YOU GUYS. I'M SORRY WE FAILED TO IMPRESS THIS YEAR. TELL THAT TO SPRING HILL AND ZION CHRISTAIN. I'M SURE THEY WOULD GET A KICK OUTTA THAT.

THE POINT IS LEAVE US ALONE, WE ARE OBVIOUSLY NOT GOOD ENOUGH FOR YOUR RESPECT, SO PLEASE HONOR US WITH YOUR PRESENCE NO MORE. WE ARE NOT WORTHY.

KEEP ON WINNING FAIRVIEW, WE GOT PAGE AND/ORCOLUMBIA ACADEMY IN THE PLAYOFFS, BUT FIRST COMES FIRST, HICKMAN COUNTY TOMORROW.

Eastside...Right when people were starting to understand Fairview and relate to where you are coming from, you again make the same kind of post that made so many people on this board against you. Whether you believe it or not your crying about the refs shows your immaturity and reflects on your team and school.