Watauga All-Conference Team 1/20/03

Stokomo

I thought we could start the All Conference team here since the other board has 3 pages already......................

I don't know many other players, but here are a few.

Volunteer: Chucky Lindholm, Ben Southam, & Andrew Nelms

Elizabethton: Vince Redd, BJ Miller, Walter Brown

Sullivan Central: Lesuer

Johnson County: Tommy Short

Sullivan North: Phillip Scarsonni????

[Edited by Stokomo on 1-20-03 7:51P]

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest EastTennFan

How about Cornett (leading scoring in the conference last season) and Tommy Short (very underated player)from Johnson County and Ben Southam (might be leading the conference in 3's)from Volunteer and Jordan Lambert (a great 4 man) from Elizabethon and Central's big man cant remember his name( rebounds well). Whaley from Happy Valley...Buchanan from North

6-3 guard Matt White from Unicoi County is a sophomore for Unicoi County and is averaging 15 points a game. He scored 27 points at Volunteer, 19 with UH's Brandon Bradley guarding him the entire game, and has led Unicoi County in scoring in just about every game. He's an all-around player who always make a positive contribution on both ends of the court.

He really carries that team at times. For example, a week ago they were down 20-7 to Sullivan North. He scored 10 points to lead a 14-0 run in the 2nd quarter to get them back in it, finishing with 19 pts in the win.

Just out of curiousity, is Lambert a senior? I was just trying to get an idea of how Elizabethon will look next year after they lose the big 3.

[Edited by jmourning on 1-21-03 4:43P]

Coach I got to see Lindholm play against Elizabethton and he is very good. At 6'5 and a sophomore he is one of the best players I have seen all year. My son plays for Unaka and he was talking about what a special player Chucky was. He might only be a sophomore but he sure is going to be fun to watch for the remainder of this season and the next two. You guys played your tails off at Elizabethton. You can see great improvement in the Falcons since the Tabernacle tournament.

Shaller...what difference does it make what grade he is SUPPOSED to be in? Talent is talent, and to have the games he is having and averaging a DOUBLE-DOUBLE, 20-10, is something that even SENIORS are not doing. It's not like he failed a grade and had to sit out of basketball. There are many others that are one grade behindwhat they are supposed to be that play ball, but I will not put there names on here to be displayed. That is their parents' decision. Do you think Chucky said, "please hold me back, it will help my game later in life?" Get real and next time say something positive to help ALL these kids trying to play. Negativity only shows how shallow the person is that speaks negatively. :)