Carl Stewart Visits Vandy

GovMan

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Last year about this time I heard Carl say that he wanted to go to a good academic school and an underdog football school. So he said Vandy would be perfect for him, I think he would really like everything they have to offer, he would play pretty quick as well. Hey, he can go to Kentucky and play!! Okay, I'm dreaming, sorry...couldn't help myself!

Wonder how Auburn feels now that one of their earliest commitments has decided to visit Vanderbilt. Maybe Carl Stewart knows something that none of us knows - maybe he thinks the total program (education, athletics, social) would be better spent on West End Ave. than at Toomer's Corner. And I would speculate that if he does visit the 'Boro, Andy Mac will pull out all the stops to get him into BLUE RAIDER BLUE!! Can't figure out why someone who committed to Auburn at the first of this past season suddenly decides to visit two schools in his home state.

SOMETHING SOUNDS FISHY TO ME!!

Gerald Riggs visited 4 other schools after commiting to UT last year. I'll bet any of you that Carl will end up at Auburn next year, or anywhere besides Middle Tennessee State. Who with any talent would go to MTSU? If he has any concern for a football future, he won't end up there. It's idiocy to even try to compare the programs at Auburn and MTSU. Auburn is the better school in all aspects, it doesn't even come close. The next time anyone mentions MTSU in the top 50 in a ranking we can talk, but untill then, WAR EAGLE...can't wait to have you here Carl...

Yeah Riggs went to 4 other schools and probably should have changed to one of them. He got lost in the crowd at UT and rumor has it he isnt making the grades (hard to believe since career management and tennis were 2 of his classes this year.) Stewart would be smart to go somewhere like Vanderbuilt because #1 He would probably start as a freshman and #2 If he doesnt go pro a degree from Vandy is like the golden "HIRE ME" seal on a resume. I'm from RB and I got to see Stewart and Riggs play against each other last year in the 4A playoffs and while Carl may be just as good as Gerald, and probably has a better work ethic, Cadillac Williams puts Jabari Davis, and Cedric Houston to shame its going to be incredibly tough for Stewart to get PT at Auburn and w/ Smith just a sophmore he's going to have 1-2 years as the most proven player assuming he's better than the other backs committed to Auburn this year.

There's no rumor about it, Gerald was ineligible for the Peach Bowl because he couldn't pass the NCAA mandated 6 hours of class minimum...that's kind of pathetic if he was taking tennis and career management. Carl is being recruited as a fullback anyway...look at espn.com's recruiting fullback rankings..I think he's 14 or 15. The fact is, I'm sure he wants to play running back, but he could probably play soon at fullback, and from what I've heard, he'd be a very decent linebacker or split end. I won't even try to argue the academic virtues of going to Vanderbilt, I guess it all comes down to what he wants to do. Anyway, we'll all know for sure in the beginning of February.

Rhino, Carl is somewhat stubborn about his position, he doesn't want to play linebacker. Tennessee offered him a scholarship to play linebacker, but he refused. He wants to play running back and I think that he'll work hard enough wherever he goes and he'll achieve his goal. His one flaw to me seems to be his hands, they aren't terrible, but they could be a lot better!

I'm like the rest of you ... I still believe Carl will honor his commitment to Auburn. But "something" must have transpired on the Vandy visit, cause they're not giving up. Vandy's coach is scheduled to be in Maryville some time this week for a "in-home" visit.

What if ... they were to "woo" him away and he ended up being a big star in Nashville. Or what if he stays with Auburn and proves a lot of the nay-sayers wrong and stars there? Either way, in the midst of their slowest and lowest-rated recruting class in years, how stupid will Tennessee end up looking for not going after him?

GovMan

Tennessee has some pretty serious problems as far as I can see..look at who else they're loosing to Auburn from instate: Bliss and Vaughn from Brentwood Academy. Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't Tennessee have problems with the kicking game this year that these two could have immediately fixed? What about King Dunlap, the monster lineman, also from BA who is also headed for Auburn next year? More bad news for Tennessee is that Swain, the big time reciever from Alabama who has commited to UT, visited Bama last weekend, and is scheduled to be at AU next weekend. What's going to happen if they lose him? For some reason not a lot of folks want to be around UT right now, and I'd love to hear from some of these players about why...

Rhinob, how much do you know about football? Who with any talent goes to MTSU? Ask Kenyon Buford who backed out of his committment to Ohio St., this years national champion, to play for the Blue Raiders. Have you ever heard of Dwone Hicks or Tyrone Calico? Maybe John Henry? C'mon now, MTSU has beaten Vandy two years in a row.

Trust me buddy, I know a lot about football. Wow..that's a real achievement..beating Vanderbilt..what happened against Kentucky and Tennessee though? Dwone Hicks, who alot of people said would be one of the most underrated backs in the country last year rushed for 33 yards against Tennessee, a run defense that really isn't even that good. I'm not dissing MTSU and their players at all. They are playing college football and I'm not. I am saying though, that if I had the talent of a Carl Stewart, there is no way I would pick MTSU over any SEC school, especially Auburn. When is the next time MTSU is going to even be able to consider a national championship?

[Edited by rhinob59 on 1-24-03 2:11P]