Carl Stewart Visits Vandy

GovMan

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

MTSU is a crappy program, their coach is the problem. Kentucky considered hiring him, but too many fans complained because they knew what a crappy coach he is. From what I can tell is he uses the Coach Greene system that Tennessee basketball had. Its to recruit through giving the players the opportunity at little or no rules except come to practice and play hard, outside of practice and games..no one cares! I wouldn't want this attitude of a coach, I think the players that are instate and cannot pull the grades or don't want to clean up their lives would go to MTSU in order to have a shot at a bigger future. I think that eventually he will lose control of his team at MTSU and it will be all chaos. Tennessee's problem is a crappy, retarded, quarterback, no running back, and no wide recievers. Hmm...looks like they got a lot of work to do. I think next year at RB Tennessee will be fine, the QB situation will be the same, Casey Clausen will continue to fool the state into thinking he's a good quarterback, and wide recievers will be young and probably just as overrated as ever ::cough:: Kelly Washington ::cough: Speeking of Kelly, what happened to his "career ending" spinal problem? Why is this "career ending" injury putting Kelly into the NFL? Anyone smell something fishy? I sure do!

Plus the rule of must having 15,000+ Average per game in attendence goes in effect in 2004. If that were so this year, MTSU would be headed for D-1AA again along with the rest of the Sun Belt except North Texas who barly made it. Why go to a school that a good shot of being in D-1AA in a couple of years when you could go to a SEC school?

FlyBy:

What do you know about the new Vandy staff? Seriously, I have seen Vandy chew up and spit out good athletes for over 25 years.

Many have gone through the system and done well, and some have played in the pros. But what is going on now at Vandy to encourage you?

There would be only one reason I can think of to go to Vandy: the education. Do not expect to have a winning season. Do not expect to be admired as you walk across campus. Do not expect to be playing under the same head coach for four years.

One last point: I don't see any alumns (veterans of the football team) championing the cause at Vandy. Maybe I have missed it, but where are they?

no kicking problems? they were 16 of 25 on field goal attempts, and 28 of 31 on PAT's...how do you miss 3 PAT's? Looks like a problem to me...the kickers would have saved Tennessee several overtime periods if they had come through against Arkansas. How can you not agree though that Tennessee has had a lot of trouble keeping top prospects in state (or at least getting them to go there over MTSU or Vandy)?

Posted by StanTrott:

Hello, McFly (rhinob59)!

Write this name down: James Wilhoit. He will be a great kicker for Tennessee. He is on the team. He is from Hendersonville. Hendersonville is located in Tennessee.

[Edited by StanTrott on 1-25-03 10:30P]

Plus they are probably going to sign the Colquitt kid out of knoxville to punt. He averaged over 45 yards/punt.

Stan,

Where do I start? I know this game better than anything else. For years, I have watched Vandy focus on things that they can't control. They try to be this and they try to be that. The one thing that they have never focused on being is being what they are. In order to understand your foe and how you are going to beat him, you must first understand yourself. Vandy has hired ex professional coaches with winning backgrounds and tons of resume crap. What they have never hired is a coach who has proven that he can play on an unequal athletic field and win by playing within his game and by playing smarter football, until now.....

Furman faces the exact same situation in 1-AA. How did they fare against the best in the league while Johnson was there? Pretty dang well.

I have no doubt that over the coming years, we will see a more fundamentally sound football team. The players will make correct reads and be in the right place. They may get run over, but they'll be in the right place; which brings me to the reason why I'd like to see the Stewarts of the world come and play here.

Remember, I am a MBA boy; I'm used to watching smarter kids kick athletically more gifted kids' butts.

FlyBy

Guest martin36

carl steward definately should not go to vandy. if he played tailback there he would not start, because of a freshman who was named freshman of the year in the sec...kwame doster. the second running back, norval mckenzie is also young. then at fullback he would not start or play very much either because of matthew tant. if i were him i would stick with auburn. it seems that in the past few years auburn has made a habit out of making great running backs, at least in the college level, such as rudi johnson and cadillac williams. when backups were given the chance to play this season due to injury, they shined too. go to auburn stewart.