Best Junior

Guest ChiefSmackahoe

I can't believe that anyone in this state could be much better than Sade Buley. Although, this junior class is loaded with talent. All the players mentioned are fantastic. This junior class is blessed with talent on the national level as well. I hope Pat can get 6 or 7 of them signed and ready to get 4 more National Championships. Sade Wiley-Gatewood has already signed. Sade Buley, if you're out there, everybody in Knoxville and Tennessee would love to see playing for the Lady Vols.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A very, very good junior made her season debut last night (Jan. 21). Sarah Landers from Maryville High school tore an acl this summer during a team camp. She'll see limited action for a while, but hopefully will eventually come back full strength. If she does, I believe she'd be rated in the top 15 - 20 players in the state. Her "floor vision" and passing ability is as good as any girl I've seen, including Sade (she's not the overall athlete Sade is though). I'd rank Sade #1 in state when her mind is right.

GovMan

[Edited by GovMan on 1-22-03 7:56A]

Cait is playing amazing for a freshman at Heritage, but as far as being better than any junior tn the state- She is nowhere close. not becasue of POTENTIAL talent, but for the mere reason she is young and only into 18 games of her freshman season. Its not even fair to her to make such comments for such a young player comapring and especially when this thread subject concerned Juniors, not freshman with aspiring potential.

Buley, Hall, Newman, Fuller, Breechboard, and Reed are the class of the crop. As far as picking one over the other its difficult all bring something to the table the other doesnt.

Buley seems to be the most convented recruit out of the bunch and recruting services are rating her as a top 10 player in the nation for junior class.

Fuller isnt too far behind becasue of her athleticism/ability at 6'4.

Posted by OS91:

Cait is playing amazing for a freshman at Heritage, but as far as being better than any junior tn the state- She is nowhere close.

Cait is leading scorer in Knoxville Metro area; she is in top ten in almost every catagory ... steals, 3 pt. shooting percentage; free throw percentage; steals. She plays in tought district. She was MVP of the very first high school Christmas tournament she ever played in. She has gone up against South Doyle (and Bule) head to head and led her team to victory. "She is nowhere close?" I beg to differ, but she's not that far behind D1 college players. How many times have you saw Cait play? A lot of folks try to downplay her abilities because they haven't watched her play and they think, "no freshman can be that good." SHE IS.

GovMan

[Edited by GovMan on 1-22-03 9:04P]

The leading scorer in the Knoxville Metro Area is a JUNIOR girl by the name of LAURA HALL from Oliver Springs scoring at 24 ppg and 5 assists per game.

Cait is probably one of the top 5 freshman in the state, but to get on this post and talk about a freshman that is better than accomplished Juniors like Newman, Hall, Breechboard, Buley, Fuller, and Reed is way off. These girls have accomplished things that Cait hopes/aspires to in her high school career- state tournaments, national aau, recruiting, street and Smith All American. Being informed on the post and the talent of the Junior class might be useful in assiting you . Cait is going to be an amazing player, but to even compare her to these juniors in unfair to her let alone highly inaccurate.

Let her be without unfair comparisons. She looks like she is doing just fine without people proclaiming her something she isnt at this point in her career. She has the ability to become a phenomenal player, but at this time she is just 20 games into her freshman season and will have a tougher time when she plays a tougher competition since Heritage has played a weak non district slate.

[Edited by OS91 on 1-22-03 11:49P]

[Edited by OS91 on 1-22-03 11:56P]

[Edited by OS91 on 1-22-03 11:57P]

[Edited by OS91 on 1-23-03 12:00A]

[Edited by OS91 on 1-23-03 9:08A]

Posted by OS91:

The leading scorer in the Knoxville Metro Area is a JUNIOR girl by the name of LAURA HALL from Oliver Springs scoring at 24 ppg and 5 assists per game.

Cait is probably one of the top 5 freshman in the state, but to get on this post and talk about a freshman that is better than accomplished Juniors like Newman, Hall, Breechboard, Buley, Fuller, and Reed is way off. Being informed on the post and the talent of the Junior class might be useful in assiting you . Cait is going to be an amazing player, but to even compare her to these juniors in unfair to her let alone highly inaccurate.

... will have a tougher time when she plays a tougher competition since Heritage has played a weak non district slate.

[Edited by OS91 on 1-22-03 11:49P]

[Edited by OS91 on 1-22-03 11:56P]

[Edited by OS91 on 1-22-03 11:57P]

[Edited by OS91 on 1-23-03 12:00A]

[Edited by OS91 on 1-23-03 9:08A]

OS91 (obviously you're from Oliver Springs):

Let me correct myself, Cait is the leading scorer in the Knox Metro area from a school that bothers to report their stats to KnoxPreps.com (my bad).

I never said Cait was better than any of the girls you mentioned ... I was merely pointing out how ludicrous you are to believe she's not on the the same level as those girls. She is.

As far as "being informed" and knowing talent ...from the start of school season, through aau ball, I probably watch girls basketball on the average of 4-5 nights a week. I help coach a team of girls (juniors this year) during the summers. I've been privileged to watch a whole bunch of girls play, from all across the state and the country.

Cait is already an amazing player ... she's scored 20 or more points in 11 out of 17 of Heritage's games. But scoring is just part of her game ... she's complete. Well, at 5'5" she doesn't block a whole lot of shots.

Speaking to the level of competition ... and this is coming from an Oliver Springs supporter (is that 1A or 2A?). The only common opponent that comes to mind right now that Heritage and Oliver Springs shares is Kingston. Heritage beat them 64-59. Cait had 20 pts, hit 4 threes, had 2 steals and 7 assists. How did OS do against Kingston?

OS, you wanna take me on, bring it !!! I'm ready baby.

:rolleyes::):):)

GovMan

Knoxpreps.com only takes stats from a set number of schools and OS isn't one of them. I heard next year that they will expand and cover more schools around East Tennessee.

OS has also played and defeated Loudon (58-39 W) and South-Doyle (79-62 W) as common opponents.

Maybe OS and Heritage can play next year just so the fans can be treated to one heck of a show. It probably wouldn't change opinions on who is better, but it'd be a good match-up.

[Edited by goosevol on 1-23-03 2:45P]