OS vs Harriman

Guest GoCats1

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree that Harriman needs a wakeup call. from what I've heard, they played very sloppy last night although I will disagree on Hedgecoth packing it in because she pumped in a career-high 22 points last night. I think one thing could be affecting their play right now is the weak district. They don't have to bring their A-Game each night to win and that's not good over a 30-game season. It's not as easy as people think to simply turn it on. That being said, I'll stick with my earlier prediction and say that the Lady Devils win at least 25 games, but I'll go with OS Friday night.

There is no way the way the Lady Cats are playing right now they are going to win that bad at Harriman. From all reports I get, including watching in person, it looks like the girls need to get back to having FUN. High school basketball is not a business--have fun, relax, and bust your tail for your teammates.

More later!!

Guest thascooponhoops

Well I will agree on one thing, Harriman girls have been playing sloppy lately... I just dont think they have their hearts in it lately. However, I disagree on OS winning by 25. Harriman girls have the potential as a team to break away with a win. Where OS only has Laura Hall as a really strong player, Harriman has Hedgecoth, Little, Webb, Fuqua, Swymer, and K. Pollitt. They all have the capability of doing great things on the floor. If they come to play the way they are capable of then I think OS will have some competition.

OS has only one strong player? That is one of the funniest comments ever on this board. You mentienod 4-5 Harriman players were strong. Hackworth, Wampler, Monk, Goins, and Lankford are just as good as any Harriman players. Having a player the caliber of Hall sometimes give a false impression that OS is a one player team when it should speak more on the talent of Hall than the rest of the team not having talent or the ability to compete without her.

As Goose said in OS's 40 point blowout in game one- Hall scored 12 points.

[Edited by OS91 on 1-23-03 12:04P]

OS will have to come ready to play,and press hard and its diffcult on Harrimans big floor after being at OS.Harriman has several good players,but I think OS can win bye 10 or more, if they pressure the ball and cause the turnovers.If Harriman has a weakness its ball handling and size at the guard position.As far as personnel I believe OS is deeper than Harriman and that can mean alot if you get Hedgecoth or Little in foul trouble,but then you have to watch out for Fuqua off the bench she is threat dont take her to lightly or she will score on you.OS just needs to play there game not Harrimans and they will WIN.

:)

Guest bltsnuffy

I would like to see adults act like adults and quit taking cheap shots at young girls playing high school basketball. No one knows the situations with the girls on the team..there may be problems that cause off-nights. We all just might be guilty of taking a BB game too seriously. It is not life or death..we need to keep our comments on the game and not make personal remarks about specific players.

With that said, I pick Harriman by 10.