Who is the "baddest dude" to ever wrestle in TN +

PinU46

Coachblair- are you old enough '77 to remember a wrestler from Chattanoog Central named Johnny Bradford. Talk about a Purple POUNDER. I think he went on to wrestle at UT and was HWT champ in the SEC.

BRADFORD DID WRESTLE AT UT, HE REDSHIRTED HIS FRESHMEN YEAR (190) AND PLACED 3RD (HWT) IN THE LAST S.E.C. TOURNAMENT IN 1979. HE AND SOME STUD NAMED VANDERGRIFF BATTLED FOR VARSITY FROM 1979 TO 81.

THE ANIMAL

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maj. Bradley would be near the top but I do believe that Quinton Jackson would have to top this list if it were made. Pride Grand Prix runner up and UFC light heavyweight champ. No offense intended Animal, but i think you'd have your hands full with him.

WB- You are correct. Jackson would be at the top. Not sure how I forgot about him. Bradley's name had come up a week or two ago when I was in a conversation about the ups and downs of Mcminn's wrestling program so I guess he was fresh in my now suspect memory.

Coach Blair, I agree. John Lennon was tough. I remember John beating himself up before a match to get fired up against a defending state champ(Charles Houston-pretty bad himself), and John went right through him. Along those same lines, and I'm not from Memphis, a contributor to this site, Tom Marable was one tough ######, as was Mike Blosser.

Just thought of two more...Mean Chuck Bean the Wrestling Machine and the guy that idolizes him David Thoni.<P>[Edited by blindzebra on 1-22-03 11:15P]<P>

Amen to this!!

Got to consider one ol Artie Manning & Paul Vaughn may remember from 40 years back. Anyone have an idea?

Was that Luellan(sp?) Boyd suggested? How bout Mark Lyle? Scooter Houston, who lost and got penalized for one of his rough doubles against brickhousechick's 3x'er stud Creagan? Vance? Bo Watson was intimidating! Marable that none of The Blue Tornado wanted hos senior year (blair probably had the beat shot) John Lane? Yes, his nemesis Leen. Dunning and Hiller is/was tough as nails. Overton may have a candidate or two:)

Back at Tex's Hickson... Pat Murphy Randy Barton and Tom Popp?

And at COLEGE LEVEL UTC's Charlie Heard!

Pound for pound on the mat in the last 30 years,,,,Jeff Lester was as tough as anybody. Off the mat it will be tough for anyone to beat what Q Jackson has done.

CC,,,sends...

A VERY reliable source told me Coach Lester does not wear belts to weddings, so that automatically moves JL down to 15th toughest in the gallactically renowed SRTWR. Plus how tough can someone who teaches quantum physics be anyways? Another 6 spot deduction for that. I rank him 21 places below THEANIMAL. Thank you for playing.

A VERY reliable source told me Coach Lester does not wear belts to weddings, so that automatically moves JL down to 15th toughest in the gallactically renowed SRTWR. Plus how tough can someone who teaches quantum physics be anyways? Another 6 spot deduction for that. I rank him 21 places below THEANIMAL. Thank you for playing.

Excellent point! rolleyes.gif I always thought that "80's carpet box" shrine of him they have in his old high school was too nerdy! I remember telling cupcake at a youth tournament. " look at this old state championship photo, it must be from the 40's." Josh, said, thats coach Lester. I will go with 21st (off the record),, but if I bump into him, he's still pfp top 3,,,as long as we can agree he is a ' fireman's' machine! Jeff if you are out there,,,I will see you in Franklin come Feb,,,if I can break free from BCB!

CC,,,sends...

Not sure how "bad" he was on the mat while at Raleigh-Egypt (pretty sure he lost a couple of times to Rich from MBA), but Quenton "Rampage" Jackson clearly has to be considered in any conversation about the "baddest dude" to ever wrestle in Tennessee.

Rampage is not the toughest person to wrestle for Raleigh Egypt as that title would go to 1979 State Champion Mason McDaniel.