Who is the "baddest dude" to ever wrestle in TN +

PinU46

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have to agree with many of the choices here on the board, but my favorite was the Mondelli kid that was killing one of the Jordan brothers from Overton at the state duals. Mondelli went on to get DQ because he bit Jordan while he had Jordan in a pinning combination. I also have to agree with kid from Franklin Tywan Armstrong this man was just that a man among boys. Tywan wouls scare you just by looking at you!! Oh and we can't forget Coach Joe Blair we was as tough as they come. You can pay me back Joe for saying that at the region.

Coach Miller

Joppa, that wasn't one of the Jordan twins that Mondelli bit, that was at 215 when Mondelli would have faced my boy Nick Breeden again at State. The Jordans were at 152 & 160 below McTorry...

These are in no particular order, but all woudl deserve mentioned on this thread & I'll list the reasons why

• Charles McTorry (Overton) - 3 time Finalist (Champ 2x), National Champ, recent MMA figher, greatest athlete in TN wrestling history
  • Marquise Nelson (Kirby) - 3 time Finalist (Champ 2x), High School AA, JUCO AA & Champ
  • Dee Parker (Red Bank) - HW Champ (96) one bad mutha f@#$$. Heard Jappa personally call him "Sir" at State tournament after he destroyed our HW at Maryville (Scott Jones).
  • Darrell Hughes (McGavock) - HW Champ (95), could have been a 2x champ if he would have made weight at Regions in 1996
  • Heath Eslinger (Bradley) - 2x Champ, 3x SoCon champ, teammate of mine at UTC, current UTC head coach
  • George Lewis (McCallie) - 3x Champ, one of McAllie's greats along with Vance & Wunderlich
  • Waylon Lowe (Jefferson County) - State Champ, Multiple time DII College National Champ, current MMA fighter, has fought in the UFC a number of times
  • Brian Provezano (Red Bank) - 2x Finalist (Champ 1x), destroyed "Rampage" in the 2nd round of 97 State Tourney on his way to the Finals, teammate of mine at UTC
  • Carlos Thompson (Cleveland) - 3x Finalist (Champ 2x), All State LB/FB for Cleveland's 3 time 4A football state champs
  • Brian Guthrie (Oakland) - 2x Champ, wrestled like a mad man on a bum knee, crazy looking as heck, mean as a snake
  • Craig Johnson (Seymour) - 2x Finalist (1x Champ), teammate of mine at UTC, current MMA pro with several state amateur MMA titles
  • Nick Breeden (Seymour) - 2x Finalist (1x Champ), pinned Mondelli for FR in 54 seconds to win state title in 96 & beat a very deep 215 pound field that year to death
  • Quantel Langford (Cleveland) - State Runner Up, SoCon Champ, newly turned Pro MMA fighter. Absolute animal in the practice room & teammate of mine at UTC

There's a few more I could list, but those are all deserving