Who is the "baddest dude" to ever wrestle in TN +

PinU46

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

this thread is funny. Not to many people going further back than 3 or 4 years. Shazzon was a bad mamma jamma. You are forgetting about guys like David Vance (McC) or Carletello (sp) from Ryan. Even a Bubba Miller would have to be considered (guess I am showing my age). No one that I have seen has mentioned anyone from before the late '80s. Memphis schools have not even been mentioned. Of course, other than Germantown, do they wrestle in Memphis? Anyway, we need some old guys to come on here and give us some perspective on this one.

Remember, the above guys wreslted in the pre coward era where everyone wreslted together instead of the cowards pushing out the Ryans, McCs, and Baylors. Some of the "modern" guys would not have won more than one championship in the old days.

[Edited by panfan on 1-23-03 8:45A]

Aight i agree with somethingCLEVER Matt Keller was the most painful match i have ever wrestled. I mean the guy is a freakin horse. When i went out there he could have cared less about what my body could handle.

panfan, I agree with your picks and about who we should be discussing here. I think if we want to talk about the "baddest dude", then we need to look at those old school guys. I guess for me Johnny Lennon is old school. I honestly believe that his goal when he head snapped somebody was to either make a hole in the mat with the guy's face or remove the head from the shoulders. Another old school tough guy was one of Johnny's teammates, Jeff Howard. These guys had one style, hard-nosed.

I am too young to have seen James Jabaley (sp?) from Notre Dame, but I always heard we was wild-man tough and a little unorthidox. Some of you "more age-established" wrestlers might be able to give details about him.