Sparta vs. Cookeville

thekeg55

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Are you basing your opinon on only that game. Well let me tell you that if you win it doesn't matter how many people score. Cookeville does have a little more depth in the fact that they can play up to 9 quality players that give them good minutes and occasional scoring. Most games Cookeville plays they have at least 2 or 3 in double figures and 6 or 7 that put up points. Cookeville will win simply because they are the better team and are also in the midst of a major hot streak.

But that's just it! Nobody can take both of them out of the same game. I'm sure that if you took out White Co.'s 2 best players that they would be pretty common as well. If somehow that did happen then Redus or McDonald would take over as each are capable of scoring every time down the floor. White Co. may have more players but more good players they do not. Cookeville usually will rotate 8-9 and always has either Reed or Taylor on the floor. After the initial 8-9 then Cookeville has 3 sophomores who are inexperienced but are probably better than White Co.'s #10-12 girls. Yeah we do have more depth but we will let the game speak for itsself.

You can pick any 2 White Co. players and take them out and White Co. would win every time if Taylor and Reed are out. Cookeville probably does have the 2 best players on the court{Taylor and Reed}. You never know who is going to be the leading scorer for Sparta. You can just about bet who's going to be the leading scorer from Cookeville every game. Hess will sub at least 4 girls Tues. night{Hacker,Cole,King, and Hickey}. We'll see if Odom subs more than that. Cookeville may win the game{maybe not}. But I still think White Co. without a doubt has the deeper team. Hacker is probably the best sophomore in the state. Unfortunately being a deep team doesn't always win games.

If Hacker is the best sophomore in the state then why is she getting subbed in? As an all-around player for a sophomore they don't get any better than Cookeville's Meredith Redus. Yeah you can bet who is going to be the leading scorer for the Cavs because you have got a 50% chance to get it right. But nobody has shut both of them down in the same game so if neither one of them gets shut down them you have got yourself a problem as Taylor will probably have over 25 and Reed will have over 15. If Taylor gets held under 15 then Reed will post somewhere around 20 or more. If Reed gets shut down....well then.....well then your just screwed as Taylor will probably shoot every time down the floor and end up with 30+ and remember Redus and McDonald have put up double figures in points the last few games. Back to the depth issue, let's say you do have more. Well it doesn't matter how many palyers you put out there, if you can't stop Reed AND Taylor you might as well just put the managers out there. If no one gets into foul trouble then you will see 3-4 subs(Talent,Martin,Allen, and Greene). If Taylor or Reed get into foul trouble then there is no telling how many players you will see. GO CAVS

Do you know how many Reed and Taylor had in the first game these two teams played? You will see how good Hacker is the next two years when she starts. It is my opinion that if she started as a sophomore that a senior or two might quit{only my opinion} and Hess doesn't want that to happen. Go WARRIORETTES!!! :D

Do you know what the score was when these two played last time. If you don't remember it was 47-40. Lady Cavs! If your coach was smart then she would put the best players out there no matter who she made mad. If Hacker was the best and she is not then she would start. If your opinion is correct then that just shows you something about White Co. basketball. A team player knows how to play their role and only cares about the team winning and not wheither or not they start. Sounds like you have got yourself a couple of individuals down there and those kind of people prevent teams from going places.

[Edited by dog11 on 1-26-03 3:32P]

[Edited by dog11 on 1-26-03 3:34P]

White Co. coach is a he not a she. I think Hannah Hacker has accepted her role coming off the bench. She knows she will start the next 2 years for Sparta. You can see how good she is then. Probably will get a taste of how good Tues. night in Sparta. No way you can question White Co. basketball. Just come to Roy Sewell gymnasium Tuesday night and look at all those state tourney banners on the wall. Cookeville will NEVER have the tradition and reputation White Co. has when it comes to basketball. There's nothing you can say about that. Go Warriorettes!!! :D

Yes - I see where you said Cookeville won the last game, but Taylor and Reed were both shut down.(Taylor's were free throws mainly at the end like 10 I think and Reed had 7)

White County just couldn't score themselves. So even if you shut down their scorers- your team must still score too.

And White County's coach is a he- not a she.