Sparta vs. Cookeville

thekeg55

Posted by redrose:

Yes - I see where you said Cookeville won the last game, but Taylor and Reed were both shut down.(Taylor's were free throws mainly at the end like 10 I think and Reed had 7)

White County just couldn't score themselves. So even if you shut down their scorers- your team must still score too. And White County's coach is a he- not a she.

I don't know what stats you were reading but Reed was not shut down, read for yourself ( http://www.herald-citizen.com/NF/omf.wnm/h...orts_story.html?[rkey=0024529+[cr=gdn ), and ashley finished with 8 points, 13 rebounds, and 7 assist.

[Edited by thekeg55 on 1-27-03 12:13A]

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know Coach Hess personally and many players on the sparta team, and I also know that Cookeville has a better team and will win on tues. And whoever said come look at our gym with all of those state tourny banners, am I mistaken or was the last two from the boys team and the girls havent done much of anything. Our girls will prove themselves tues. night and you'll see which is the better team.

cavs35...The girls have won one state championship. There are 23 banners on the wall in the gymnasium. White Co. girls have made it to the state 12 times over the years. The boys have two state championships with a total of 11{23 between the 2 teams} state tourney appearances. Not many high schoools can say they have been to the state tourney that many times. I don't think there is much diff. in the 2 girls teams this year. It was 2 points with about a minute left in the first meeting. What a basketball tradition in White Co.!!! ;)

Oh no....I'm not questioning the past at White Co. What I am saying is that this team according to 85warrior seems to be one that knows not too much about playing as a team. Any senior who will quit just because they can't start really needs to rethink playing in the first place. I'm sorry, but that does not speak very well for your team.