Top high School Teams for 2003

CREE

I'm not too sure that Franklin has it in them this year to repeat, especially with

what you say about Hendersonville. FHS lost it's entire defense and has alot of inexperienced players with a ways to go.

I guess we'll see over the next several weeks, especially with games against

Brentwood and Centennial and the Hville Invtl.

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I completely DISAGREE with you hardball..... I definetly think that Franklin has it in them. New defense or old defense.....they can still pull through with another state championship. I also have to disagree with you on the inexperienced players.... because I know for a fact that there are not inexperienced players that are back on Franklin's backline.....

hardball i think you forgot Franklin's saying.... the will to win cannot be beat! Believe me we have the will to win. If you think the defense isnt ready to compete thats your own opinion.... but for me playing defense most my life i see talent and the girls are really talented from what i see. True we dont have the speed like we did last year but it doesnt bother me..... dont under estimate Franklin's defense. See everyone at Katy Hunter tournament!!!!! We dont play till Saturday but we leave Friday.... I wish everyone good luck and your in my prayers!

well smyrna should be pretty good this year.. i heard they played franklin in that smyrna playday and lost to them by one goal.. look for them to turn some heads... they are still a young team with only 3 seniors 2 jouniors and a whole load of sophmores... if not this year watch out for them in a year or two

I believe you guys are right in saying that franklin and hendersonville are going to be in the running for the state championship, but you guys are overlooking some things. Farragut's team beat Hendersonville 7 to 1 in a scrimage. Yeah he put his JV in but that was after Farragut scored 4 goals. The game was closer than the score reflects, but I believe Hendersonville has to be able to show that they can play an entire game. I am sure they will rise to the challenge. That said Farragut is very much in the running. They didn't lose very much last year just a goalkeeper and a defender....and Courtney Wolf but she was injured the whole time. They are strong everywhere, and have the most skilled team they have had. With Amy Boyd joining the team along with returners like All-South player Mandy Milazzo, and All-State players Alicia Frear, Sarah Van Sickle, and Meghan Rothenburg, along with several other strong returners, Farragut will be very strong. In the few games I have seen them play they looked very strong. Good luck to everyone in the upcoming season. I look forward to watching!

*Monkey*