Are Perry County's boys for real

dizzymeup

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This years team is great, and is nearly as talented as the '97 team led by Haston and Jones that won the state. Tonight's matchup should be good, with Richardson battling Webster inside to see who is the Districts dominating big man. We won by 7 last time in a somewhat close game at their house, but I believe my boys are gonna put a beating on the Tigers tonight.

My prediction: PC - 68 MP - 52

I do not want to take anything away from the boys team, but they are nowhere near as talented as the '97' state championship team. Richardson and Jackson are doing a great job this year and I hope the team goes all the way, but come on now- you can't possibly compare Richardson to Haston or Jones. One thing people need to start realizing is that Perry Co. may not always have the best team, but when it comes tournament time they are ready to play.

I have to agree. I dont think that this team is as good as the 97 team. That team was awesome. This years team is a very good team though. I dont want to sound like I am taking away from them. They are very talented. I also dont believe yall will put a beating on us this time. I am a former player and still support the Tigers. I do think it will be a great game. I am coming down to watch it tonight! It will be a battle between the two big men! Cant wait to watch!

Wow! Hey folks I agree with everything that is being posted about PC. However why compare this team to 97's team? Last time I checked those two teams won't play each other this year and if they did yes 97's team would win or at least I would hope so. I think its great for a school to have that kind of tradition and be able to compare present teams to past Sate Championship teams, not many schools have that luxury. The bottom line PC may not be the best team they've ever had or for that fact even the best team in the state this year they only have to be better than everyone else this year when its all said and done to be classified as STATE CHAMPS!

I believe thats a great statement for this years team to even be compared to the 97 team, but many triple A teams are not comparable. This year PC is a very good team, and have played together for so long. It'd be great to know I was #1 in the state and I still had a starter coming back in the next few weeks. Good luck PC!!!

I know nothing about this team and I apologize for my ignorance, but a few questions:

How big is "big" when you talk about their post player?

What are the numbers the kids are putting up?

What kind of competition do they play?

How would you compare them to say last years, Ezell Harding team or the Tn Temple team that won the state?