AAA Questions

Izzy

Who are the top teams in the AAA districts? I know that Hillsboro is leading 11-AAA. What about the others? On a side note tonight, Centennial defeated Spring Hill pretty handily... jr sg Konrad Walisezski had a school record 34 points and 6 three pointers. Who do you guys think will end up winning their respective districts?

Bartlett-(4-0)There is no doubt the Panthers are the best team in 14-AAA. They are lead by Jaycen Herring who is having great junior season and Brandon Allen who I still can't believe is only a sophomore. The Panthers incerdible defense is hard to score on.

Munford(2-2) I think #2 is a toss up between Munford and Bolton. Munford has the better overall and district record but they are similar teams in terms of how they play. Keith Hardaway leads the Cougars and is as good as advertised. He is without a doubt the best player in the district.

Bolton(1-2) The Wildcats are( in my mind) a hair better than Munford but the district record does not show it. Bolton earned their 1st district win against Cordova last night.Bolton is an athletic team but they do not always play smart. The Wildcats are lead by Darryl Sumoret who can get it done both on the inside and from beyond the 3-point line.

Millington(1-2) The Trojans are having trouble this year but they may not finish last for the 1st time since Dyersburg moved to the Jackson district.They are a scrapy team and have already upset teams like Woodale and Munford. They have one pretty good player but I don;t have my book in front of me and I cannot think of his name.

Cordova(1-2)Cordova dropped to 1-3 in the district against Bolton yesterday. The Wolves are down this year after last season's state tourney appearance. They have no true star player but they do have one pretty good player who can score consistantly. I apologize but I forget his name as well. I think it is a toss up between the Wolves and Millington for last place. One of these two teams will not see the region tourney at Oman Arena

[Edited by Pantherbert on 1-29-03 5:38P]

The kid from Millington's name is DeWayne Robinson. He is averaging a little more than 25 ppg. He is right behind Keith Hardaway at 29 ppg in scoring for the Shelby/Metro. Just a note about the Munford/Millington game. This game is as big a rivaly as Bartlett/Bolton. When teams like these get together...records are out the window. It can be anyone's game in a rivaly game.

District 3AAA - distrcit slightly down talent-wise

1. Powell 12-5 (6-2)

2. Karns 11-6 (6-2) * Both district losses to Powell

District 4AAA

1. Maryville 16-3 (9-1)

2. Bearden 13-3 (8-2)

District 4AAA is extremely strong at the top, Farragut is in 3rd place and they are solid as well. There is the possibility of some extremely good substate games in the east. Not disrespecting Greeneville, but it looks like the Region 1AAA final will be DB v. Science Hill. Unless Powell or Oak Ridge pulls an upset, the Region 2AAA final will probably be Maryville v. Bearden. That means DB v. Bearden and Maryville v. Science Hill or vice versa in the sub-state. Those would be some great matchups.