Miss Basketball - Division II

CPGB06

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I, for one, couldn't care less who wins Miss Basketball, but I must admit that through reading the posts, I look forward to seeing the FRHS and HH players in action.

For those who don't get credit:

Of the 14 teams in D2 West, I always enjoy watching the 2 Jr. guards from SBEC, Brittany Barbie and Gresh Gorman. Either would start for any team I've seen in D2. I hate those who live in Middle and East probably won't get to see them.

Whitney Williams of Harding has great potential.

Sara Hester of Hutchison has the most perfect and beautiful shot of all the post players.

Who am I missing?

Guest oletimes44

Macksdaddy -

I don't think there will be any Harpeth Hall girls getting nominations for Miss Basketball this year only because they are a young team. Nancy Sisk has been around forever and she is just a junior, but Mincy and Archie are better candidates because of their size. Don't get me wrong, she has an incredible talent, but Archie is 4-5 inches taller with a wider frame and Mincy, well, they cannot be compared because they play different positions. Sisk's size could definitely be a disadvantage when it comes to recieving awards and playing the next level. Sometimes it looks like she gets thrown around. But I know she is going to do it! Keep it up, Nancy. Sarah Baker will be in the running soon enough. She might be a nominee next year because there are so many great seniors leaving this year. She's a 6ft sophemore who can plays the post position, but can also step out to shoot the ball. She's really skinny, but strong for her stature. As well, Keep it up, Sarah. And go Honeybears!

HH will probably not win that award because their team distributes their offense amongst many players. They have won many games using this method and MUCH credit should go to their coach. Just because you have talent does not mean you will win, especially the way the Honeybears have won this season. As far as Ms. Nancy Sisk....I only saw her play once (well, sort of)....She is a winner and easily qualifies for such an honor....My instinct say's Archie from FRHS wins in a deserving fashion. I think the green from HH and the purple from FRHS will entertain Murfreesboro once again.....once again, best wishes to west Tn., east Tn., and any other team and girl that is not desevedly being mentioned......Ms. basketball to Archie....State champ to FRHS or HH....West Tn. is awesome, I'm thinking MIDDLE TENNESSEE rocks too!!!!

[Edited by frhsrules on 2-1-03 9:44P]

[Edited by frhsrules on 2-1-03 9:58P]

Whitney Williams is a Jr. post for Harding, who if she hit her layups, ECS might not be undefeated in the league as of right now, but she didnt. She needs to work on getting the ball in the basket when she gets hammered because she isnt going to get calls aginst the good teams like ECS and Briarcrest. Briarcrest is the best team in the West by far!

I agree that Briarcrest has the most talent in the West by far, but not the best team. ECS is playing much better team ball and far better defense. Harding played absolutely terrible against Briarcrest and it reflected in the score. I thought that the game against ECS was Harding's best performance thus far in the season, but it wasn't enough. ECS was able to dominate rebounds and to get in the Lions passing lanes. That's how the beat Briarcrest. I thought that Harding had some better matchups with ECS than with Briarcrest, and they took advantage of them last night. Julie Martin is just that good. I don't know that Jada Mincy is that good as much as she is big. I think that Mincy is more valuable to her team, but I really think that Martin is a better player. Martin is more aggressive on defense to get the ball and can confidently shoot the ball from anywhere on the floor.

Kristen Archie is a great player. And I'm sure all of the other girls mentioned are very good also. The only question I have is - why isn't Tish Pilkerton mentioned?

I havn't seen all of the girls mentioned in this thread play, but I would be hard pressed not to vote for Archie or Pilkerton. THEY ARE THE BEST OF THE GROUP!

If Briarcrest is the best team in the West "by far", why are they 5-1? Lionboy, good analysis. I agree for the most part. Martin should, in my opinion, be up there in the runnings for Ms. Basketball. She definitely is much more versatile than Mincy. She is a more consistent player from offense to defense, game to game, and contrary to what you say, I think she's just as valuable to her team. ECS has more of a chemisty type team that is unstoppable when they get going, as evidenced by their record. They have beaten good teams by good amounts, and that says something about how they play. Briarcrest has a great program, and I don't doubt they will continue to have one. That's the thrill of the match-up.