Miss Basketball - Division II

CPGB06

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know about this year, but your comment about Sarah Baker from Harpeth Hall? What I have heard and read, Harpeth Hall has four really great players, and all in different positions. And there scoring is real even and balanced. The juniors, Sisk and Bohannon(there the juniors right?), I've heard they are AWESOME. I'm gonna see Harpeth Hall play real soon. Woah! I'm watching Fox right now and it just said that theres a story on them. I'm going to watch!

Guest oletimes44

Jada Mincy was the top candidate last year, but Becky Brown ended up winning. They played a great game against each other in the finals. A lot of people thought it should have been Mincy, even though Brown is a great player.

I think a lot of it depends on which team is in the finals. We'll see.

You know, if you didn't know any better and listened to the two Harding Academy regulars who post on this board you would think that they were a basketball dynasty. Funny how they were talking about beating Briarcrest -that THIS was their year - and then got blown out by 30 a week or so ago.Didn't hear much from the Lion talkers after that one. Now they are talking about the ECS game like they will pull the upset (and ECS beat Briarcrest).

To say that about Martin and Mincy makes you look like a fool. They are both going to be division one players next year and have made tremendous impacts on the programs of their schools. Oh wait that's right..... Somebody from Harding is gonna win it this year - I totally forgot !

O.K., callinyouout, you just made yourself look like a fool. I'm a "Harding regular" and I said that I would vote for Martin from ECS for Miss Basketball. My pal only commented that neither were good enough to win it. She's probably right. She didn't say that either was terrible, only that they wouldn't win Miss B-ball. I would vote for Julie Martin, but I don't think she'll win. Jada might win b/c she was a finalist last year. I seriously doubt if a West TN player wins, it will probably be a Ryan player. Jada might have a slight advantage, though, b/c BCS beat Ryan. So before you make another post slamming Harding, why don't you read what we write.

When she was hurt her team lost by it's biggest margin of the year(at ECS). Against her team's top rival(HH), she was by far the leading scorer. Both of the aforementioned opponents are (highly arguably) regarded as better teams than her's. Besides the aformentioned, her team has only lost against top level powerhouses from Georgia and Alabama and a fine AAA team from Tennessee (Oakland) in her first game back from injury (the game was tight throughout). She is known as a player who "roams" the court. SHE IS A PLAYER. To this point of the season, she is MVP in my opinion. (I think the "rest" of her team rocks too)!!!!!

[Edited by frhsrules on 1-31-03 9:39P]

Ok, some corrections need to be made before anyone would continue this subject. You are all starting to debate on false information. First of all, the Harding regulars don't make sense. Reread your posts before you put them on here. You constantly contradict yourself. Ryan beat Briarcrest, not the other way around. What advantage would it have been anyway? Mincy lost Miss Basketball last year and they won state. But you're right on one thing. A West TN player does not usually win such awards as Miss Basketball. There are not many options if Miss Basketball were to be chosen from Middle or East TN, in Division II. Archie is a good candidate and Ryan has had a strong program, but this year they lost to ECS and squeaked by Briarcrest. I know she was not playing at the time, but it is a dead issue. The outcome cannot be changed. I am sure she would have made a difference, but no one will know until it comes down to tournament time.