Lipscomb @ Hume Fogg

GoBama

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Should be an excellent game. Hume Fogg has been playing well lately with a good win over Portland last week. Playing at home, Hume Fogg should have the emotional advantage. From what I remember, they are a very loud crowd at home.

It should again come down to HF's ability to get the ball into the post, and score, in order to free up Harriford. Harriford will get his points, but will the support be there tonight? If so, they may get the win.

With Lipscomb coming off the OT win at Portland they have gained some mental toughness which will help tonight and in district tournament. Obviously, Lipscomb needs to hit their FT's, which is apparently (Portland game) easier said than done. I look for them to match the defensive intensity of the Portland game tonight.

With that said, I see a close game, but I think Lipscomb will win by 8, let's say 55-47.

Excellent team game by Hume Fogg. They were well prepared to play a tough, physical game which Lipscomb couldn't seem to match. HF's fans got loud and helped to give the team momentum.

Lipscomb continued to fight even when things didn't go their way. They played a great game!

One statistic of note, Lipscomb had 3 starters and 1 sub foul out, HF had 1 starter foul out. (As best I remember).

Congratulations to Hume Fogg on the win.

[Edited by khopkins on 1-31-03 11:03P]

the game was a good game..just from watching it in the stands..a good crowd..nice and loud...doulbe overtime was good...i thought only 2 starters foulded out for libscomps...but then again the refs werent callin very much for both teams either...

can anyone tell me the stats of the game...how many points did stevens have....harriford..ect

This was a game that highlighted what High school basketball is all about. Both teams have talent, depth, and coaching. The fans are the true winners in this outing. What a show!!! Some people seem to be overlooking what the Renfroe kid is bringing to the Hume-Fogg backcourt. Although the Tennessean failed to recognize it, this was the kid's third double-double this year. He had 18 pts., 10 boards, 5 assts., and 5 steals. This kid was all over the court doing it all. If they can keep him and Harriford on a roll and get more production out of the big men down low, this could definitely be force come district, region, and beyond.

Guest CoachLEH

Hume Fogg Stats (What you don't see in the Paper)

Harriford 26pts 6rebs, 5Asts, 2Stl, 4Dflt

Renfroe 18pts 10rebs, 5Asts, 5Stl, 5Dflt

Ebanks 16pts 1rebs, 2Asts, 1Stl, 2Dflt

Wade 8pts 10rebs, 1Ast , 1Stl, 3Dflt

Wade: Played awesome defense against Stephen

Roberson: Critical defense on Stephen when Wade fouled out

Hobson: 6 Deflections, Key 3pter on Overtime

Lipscomb played a tremendous game, it went to two overtimes. Lipscomb had two starters and one other of their key players foul out in fourth quarter and the overtimes. Hume Fogg Lost Wade in overtime, but Roberson took up the slack both in defense and rebounding.

Stephen had 17pts, McPherson had 15pts, Wood had 16pts, and Conner had 12pts. As always Lipscomb had a balanced attack. They were not able to put the double team on Harriford this time around.

Both teams have Great Players. District 8AA is a pretty tough place to be this year. Go Knights!