For Goose...Harr @ Oneida

TheAnswer9

Harriman led one time Goose: 2-0.

However, from that point on it was Bond, Tristan Bond. Oneida's Bond ripped off 11 straight points in helping her team to an 11-7 lead. Oneida gained some serious MO when Creech buried a trey to end the first to make it 16-10. Bond continued her mastery in the 2nd for the Lady Indians as she scored 8 more points to finish the half with 19pts enroute to outscoring Harriman by herself 19-17 and helping her team to a 29-17 lead. Hedgecoth and K. Pollitt in foul trouble didn't help I'm sure.

Trailing 37-23 in the 3rd, Harriman ripped off 8 straight points--6 from Little to make it 37-31. However, Oneida pushed the lead back out to 41-33.

Hedgecoth completed a 3pt play to start the frame to make it 41-36. However, a minute later Hedgecoth picked up her 4th foul as Harriman fell behind 44-38. After K Pollitt and Hedgecoth fouled out with the score 52-47 at the 1:10 mark, Harriman wasn't finished. They would get as close as 54-52 with 14 ticks left as Oneida had trouble hitting ALL their FTs. Trailing 55-52, Harriman failed to get off a 3ptr with a chance to tie as Creech stole a pass and iced the contest to make it 57-52.

I believe the foul trouble hampered Pollitt so bad that she only scored 2pts on the night. Hedgecoth and Little had nice nights. I'll have totals later. I do know that Bond scored 25pts for Oneida.

I was wondering about K. Pollitt because she didn't play Tuesday. I was at the Oneida/Rockwood game last Saturday and after one quarter I felt Oneida could play with Harriman after one quarter because of their quickness on defense, but the rest of the game Rockwood was a more physical team and I felt they couldn't beat Harriman. Oh well, it just shows that the Lady Devils will not have a cakewalk.

harriman's district is not as good as last year, but i don't think class a basketball in tenn. is up this year. every time you look at scores in the paper, someone is being upset or just barely getting by some one they should beat by 20. i really beleive that in east tenn. cosby,hancock co.,unaka,cloudland,powell valley,harriman, and oneida could end up going to the state. there are also some teams like sunbright and greenback and wartburg on good nights that could beat any of the above mentioned teams (and have). i really don't beleive there is very much difference in all of these teams. whoever gets hot at tourney time. the big key is just getting to the region tourney, then ANYTHING CAN HAPPEN. just ask oneida from last year. 4th in dist., 1st in region.