Cookeville -CAVS

disgustedfan

The upcoming season is a mystery in what we will be able to accomplish, but from what I can tell from fall workouts is that we've got a coach that is determined to win and win in style. Coach Hunt came in and earned the players respect for his dedication and work ethics. We know that our team will compete with the best and will prove ourselves as competitors. And for the warrior fan who hates Cookeville, your opinion doesnt matter because even you know that Cookeville outplays Sparta every time we play them. Sparta has three good players, only three. Cookeville has an entire team that we can depend on.

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, I'm not going to completely disagree with you.....well....on the other hand yes I am. Last year Cookeville sent 5 of the 7 seniors they had on to play college ball and one of the other two went on a basketball scholarship. The year before last we sent 4 to college to play baseball. This year you're looking at about 4,5, or 6 more that will go on to play college ball. In the past the coaches have brought a relaxed go out there and see if we can make it through the game kind of attitude. Last year and this year the coaches have brought an extreme amount of intensity to the program and in my opinion have really turned it around. I don't know where you are from or who you are and I don't really care because you obviously don't have a clue about Cookeville baseball and it would be appreciated if you would take you're pethetic little ###### elsewhere to gripe about people you do not even know.

Cooner-who in the world said that Cookeville was complaining. We never complain, we work our tail off and have alot of talent on our team, more than most teams we face during the season. You need to watch what you say about our team, and until you or your team comes along and outplays us, keep your mouth shut. Most teams take their games for granted while we play our hearts out and earn our respect. My guess it that you dont even play or if you do, it's for a jv or freshmen team that gets no recognition. Cookeville has to work hard to gain respect and we dont complain about anything during the process. So dont bash our team until you outplay us or come and visit a practice and see how hard we work.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest hcpbomber

i know from experience that cookville's new coach is a winner. he has taken sub-par teams in the past and turned them into champions. he not only cares about his team but he cares about his individual players also. with out a doubt he is one of the best coaches that i have ever played for. Good Luck Coach and Cavs. as for the dressing room i agree with leatherballs, if there is no backing get it done on your own!!!!!!!!!!!!

[Edited by hcpbomber on 2-20-03 10:52A]

ENE,

The word in Wilson County is that no more new baseball facilities can be added. My understatnding is that LHS was ready to add a locker room on campus near the existing building and the Title IX lawsuit has stopped it. Were you not at Lebanon during the fundraising efforts for the existing building?