Metro Jobs?

Guest Gladiator1

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Allowing coaches to go thru the interview process at the home school shows respect for the job they have done , and provides them with a learning experience that could help them down the line. Adminstrators sould show LOYALTY to the teachers and coaches, because it makes a better workplace. Who is to say they have no chance; recent hires have been total surprises. The same can be said about asst. principals to principals, without a degree of loyalty for good service would there be any expectations for advancing in your chosen profession. About a waste of time, 20 to 30 minutes an interview is not much time, compared to the goodwill it would provide on the staff. Working long and hard should be worth at least an interview. :D

I understand Glencliff and Mcgavock granted interviews to any assistant coach on the current staff, they showed some class in allowing this action. Hunters Lane interviews are today and I hope they do the same. Also, Mcgavock begins the second round of interviews Monday, Glencliff was a done deal from the begining.

sure, guys that have worked hard deserve an interview. Guys that have worked hard at sabotaging others do not, and that has cost some people at HL. He has had his shots at head coaching positions, and anyone that would have interviewed him already knows him, his philosophies, and his weaknesses. Thata why he didnt get an interview, he actions over time have spoken much louder than any words he could have said in an interview. I know thats hard to accept, but its true. Exam question for the future...how old is Mr. Myers? Those on the inside know the reason for that one.

Back to the thread, metro jobs. Interviewing for hunters lane... Ron Aydelott - hillsboro; Richard Campbell - stratford; Buddy Brown - hunters lane; Scott Smith - ezell harding; Dewayne Alexander - tenn. tech; Terry Arrington - kenwood.

Second interviews at mcgavock: D. Armstrong, A. Broome, B. Spears, S. Smith, & R. Campbell.

if Ron did pull his name out, that's a huge lose for HL...maybe he didnt want to deal with the stuff Abner did...a disloyal and fractured coaching staff would scare anyone away.

And if indeed he did, then that does throw it back open... but I would say Campbell... B.B. is a dark horse with very little chance.

Guest Gladiator1

I do not believe that Coach Coure, Coach Aydelott, Coach Wilson, and Coach Fitzgerald should be the measuring sticks for Metro Coaches especially if a job opening is in question. All have coached in a State Championship High School Game and they should get credit for leading their teams so far. I have to disagree with BigTank on this one. Each Coach you mentioned was successful for a short period of time. Fitzgerald has had his pick of players due to the fact that Pearl-Cohn is a "Magnet School" John Henderson was suppost to go to McGavock is my memory serves me correct. They continually get special transfers from all over the city just to play football. I do not blame Fitzgerald for this legal type of recruiting. If I could pull players into my school using this method, I would. How successful would Fitzgerald be if he could not get all those special transfers, I do not know, but it is my opinion that they would not have won a Championship without the transfers.

What did Aydelott do when he was at Stratford? I maybe wrong but I do not recall a playoff run when he was there. I believe J.T. Moore Middle School coach has been there six years. They have been to the Championship 4 times and have one it once. The coach is Greg Wigginton. He has sent Hillsboro some excellent players over the last six years. Wigginton is sending his 8th grade quarterback to MBA but the Burros will be getting several good players.

Coach Coure at Whites Creek should compete for State Championships every couple years. He has the second best talent base in the city with Joelton and Ewing Park Middle Schools. I have been told by several sources that Coach Dorris Armstrong has been runnning the program for the past several years.

The feeder school coaches should get some consideration for some of these job openings. They know the kids very well and many of them have done an excellent job where they are with fewer resources and support.

Any other opinions?

good post...and I agree with you on most points. The middle school coaches could be good choices because of their relationship with the players, but that would last for only a few years until the players they had coached in middle school had run out. But it would be a definite advantage if a complete change in the high schools philosophy was needed. There are several other factors that would have to be looked at as well.

Fitzgerald should be the dominant coach in Tennessee. With the pick of athletes he has, he should have a dozen championships.

Coure has been slowed by time and is out of energy.

Aydelott was at Stratford in the early 90's under Spears when that had several good seasons, but the never won the big one. There was a run of outstanding athletes then. He is the best man for HL, but shadow says he's out of it now.

Spears could do a good job a HL or Mc, but he is like Brown and has too many skeletons in the closet and offended too many people over the years.

Armstong is at the end of a career that should have ended a couple of years ago, but he could do a good job at Mc as well, but his main job will be to prepare Broome for when he will take over the head job in a few years.