Metro Jobs?

Guest Gladiator1

Gladi...you're right, he would have found a way to recruit some athletes in and win, but that would have to be after he had his name recognition. Do you think he could have won early in his career at Glencliff? Think about the athletic base there. Abner is either completely insane, or completely in love with a challenge...and I know what most of your answers are, so dont answer that. So how are things in bear country?

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Gladiator1

I wouldn't have any clue about Bear country. I do not work at Antioch HS. I believe that Abner is going to Glencliff because he wants to be comfortable. He will have no pressure at GHS and he knows that he is fighting an uphill battle. He and Wilson will do a fine job with the little they have to work with. A .500 to sub .500 season is a possibility. The expectations at GHS is not as high as many other Metro schools. I do not believe there is great community pressure to do well in Football at Glencliff. What part of town do you coach? East, West, South or North?

Who's kidding who here? Am I to believe that some of you guys are implying that Glencliff has no athletes? Please!!!!! Year after year, Glencliff has always put great athletes on the filed. The year they made it to the championship game, they were absolutely loaded. I will admit that they were a little down "this" year talent wise. but generally, they have no problem in this area.

Offensively, they always seem to be coached well. Defensively, if they don't "out-athlete" you, they have problems. I've not noticed it before, but others have told me that they have had consistant discipline problems there. Maybe you guys can give me some insight in this area. but please don't try to convince me that they don't consistantly have good athletes at Glencliff.

Why not Bodenhamer? Metro has already indicated experience is not a factor. Sewell two years experience wit the girls at HL gets the boys job. Reed three years experience as the Stratford assistant gets the Overton boys job. The "NEW" metro buddy system is up and running. I heard Dorris Armstrong as much as said he didn't have to worry about interviewing for McGavock, it was his time! Stunk it up in the interview. Then Scott Smith came in and wowed the committee. Might make Trabue toss and turn. What happens if all three jobs are filled with WHITE GUYS? Oh, I know why Bodenhamer wouldn't go to Stratford. He got a letter down at the board about recruiting Stratford football players after a 9th grade game. I think one of the kids name was James Winrow Jr . Are you kidding me? :rolleyes:

Believe me, I won't be going anywhere with any pig, his buddy, or his bubba. BB, don't worry about me being earholed, shadow has lost a step and wont be able to get to me. And the "answerthing" really put me in my place...ouch...and the little faces you include in your posts really add to the pain. So how is it going to feel to be passed over again?

And guys, no offense to "Alabamy" or the Bear...it was just a way to stir up the Semi Retired Old Metro Has Been Coaches Association (SROMHBCA) and sit back and watch the fun. Since "ya'll" are such Alabama fans, I'll put this next one in terms you are sure to understand...I'm playing you like Flatt and Scruggs play the guitar and banjo. Ever seen the movie "Deliverence" with Burt Reynolds? You know the two hillbillies playing dueling banjos? hhhhmmmm I think "ya'll" should go visit and have a jam session and fell right at home with the family.

Ya'll come back now, ya hear? (with some asinine comment)

and by the way tut...I have only one name on this message board. I am not drknows, and I am wondering who he is too, I know crazybear, and he could care less about this thread...wrong sport. The only time I get mixed up is when I think someone might have a comment worth reading and then I read that it is only another attack on my member name.

My name on this board is meant to stir people up, because their true side comes out when they are upset or angry. Through this message board I have shown many people who read, but dont post, the problems with a lot of the attitudes in metro and a lot of the problems with the coaches in metro, and a lot of reasons why those same coaches are generally done with head coaching in metro. Learn from their mistakes my child and maybe you too can be one of the metro elite someday.

Welcome back drknows, it is good that someone intelligent is posting. It is ludicrous some think you are posting as two different persons. Maybe if the so called educators on this thread could behave and stay away from advancing personal issues it would or could become an educational opportuity. They would improve if they adhered to the motto; Non ut sibi ministretur sed ut ministret.