Columbia v Giles County

flyer

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Talk about sportsmanship. You truly show it. Stick to golf because you obviously don't play bball. They knew this was going to be a big game why did they not try to get the college gym? They would have truly profitted from it. At least when your team was in Columbia there was no question about calls. Or you would have responded. Have a great respect for Howard, and Fletcher they were coached by a Columbian this summer. It sort of what makes these games so good because the teams played uner the same coach on the same team and have the same style of play. You don't have to be ugly on here, just making a comment.

Cheated! No one was cheated in this game. It was even all the way to the end. Flyer, you must have been flying high on something besides team spirit, or you didn't see the game, because no one was cheated. Why don't you give GCHS some credit! Ya'll Got Beat! WHO IS WADELE! Tyler stepped up in this game. Let me re-phrase that. Tyler stepped on everyone in this game. What about Eric Howard. The boy is nothin' but a baller'. Why doesn't everyone quit hatin' on the CATZ. Tonight proved they are a team that is wanting to win the state. Don't hate the player, FLYER, hate the game that beats ya.

Aside from the refs and the calls and the crowd, aside from everything....that was the greatest ball game I've ever seen played. I know I might sound dumb saying it, but it was to me. Anywho...great game to both teams. I dont think i can ever remember seeing a game of that magnitude right in front of me. ;)

I must apologize to all fans and team members for my last message. I got caught up in the emotion of a big win. I'm sure Wadele is a fine person and a great basketball player. He just had a terrible first half, but was able to get it going in the second half. I would like to congratulate both teams on a great game. I hope that Columbia uses this game as something to build on. You guys have had two rough games back to back, but with your talent you have the ability to turn it around in time for the tournaments. We {Middle Tenn} need to show the gods of west Tn. how bball is really played! Good Luck to both teams the rest of the way!!! ;)

[Edited by smokeyvol1 on 2-7-03 11:07P]

It was four quarters of intense, hard play by some competitive young men, who showed good poise, sportsmanship and everthing it takes to show the positives of their generation.

coaches did excellent jobs and the officials were on par with the playing and coaching.

Neither team was a loser. Playing four quarters and coming up equal is proof of that.

Hopefully both have what it takes to go far into postseason. giles returns to district play tuesday at home vs. page. columbia hosts whites creek saturday night following the bga-culleoka game in the central gym.

It was four quarters of intense, hard play by some competitive young men, who showed good poise, sportsmanship and everthing it takes to show the positives of their generation.

coaches did excellent jobs and the officials were on par with the playing and coaching.

Neither team was a loser. Playing four quarters and coming up equal is proof of that.

Hopefully both have what it takes to go far into postseason. giles returns to district play tuesday at home vs. page. columbia hosts whites creek saturday night following the bga-culleoka game in the central gym.