Hutchins leaves Jeff County for McMinn County

artiefeelgood

Sounds to me that extrapoint may be bitter because of the lack of playing time. Also sounds as if he blames coaches for this. I would like to know where he gets his information about the coaches at Jeff.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I do not have resentment towards the staff. I just want what is best for the kids. I do not think this staff does that. It is funny that Kisabeth's last years. It was all his fault and he had the exact same staff. As far as I'm concerned, if Kisabeth gets all of the blame then Meodows should get all of the credit. Every one in the county knows we need better coaches. Sounds like you might be one of them dirk.

JPATS5,

Please stick to what you know, evaluating Jeff. County

football and stay off of Morristown West's coaching staff.

Coach Case did a great job last year coaching the Trojan

secondary. While I am sure the team and coaching staff

aren't satisfied with losing to Maryville in the semi-finals

in consecutive years, answer me this question: what other team has beaten them?

[Edited by transplant on 2-9-03 3:48P]

Extrapoint, you are correct that McMinn was crazy for hiring Hutchins. I don't know about not wanting him at Jeff., but not having any head coaching experience is a big problem. I think the Kees will struggle if he cannot get anyone with experience to help.

the 3 assistants that were mentioned are not leaving to go to mcminn. the only coach that hutchins mentioned in taking w/him was coach chait and he wasnt interested. jeff has alot of talent coming back and if all the pieces of the puzzle fall in place they could be a force to be reckoned w/come august. the wing-t is not that hard of an offense to learn, the main thing is learning how the blocking schemes work. meadows' terminology is not hard at all to grasp. for any jeff county fans that think any different, you should rethink. meadows has proven time and time again that he is a winner. winning is as high on the priority chart as academics. work hard in the weight room, during the summer, and in august, and good things will happen. community support will help in making the puzzle fit. meadows brings intensity and a winning attitude w/him everyday to the office, not to mention he's one of the best motivators i've ever been around. jeff has nothing but green pastures ahead of them. they just need to work hard and improve everyday.

you are wrong about case, period. if west had a descent secondary lasy year, they would have won the state. they had an awesome defensive line and got great play from the linebackers. larue (#1) has a lot of potential, but it was on evident on the field that he lacked sound coaching, period, transplant. i'm not taking anything away from the other coaches on the trojans staff. i personally know joe case and it amazes me that a team like west would allow him to coach. he is a good guy, but he knows nothing about football, period.

It would be great if Coach Hutchins could bring 5 on staff with him. But the truth is there will be very few openings if any. Five coaches total is the number of staff members at McMinn last year, I believe. I would say that maybe one of the teaching slots would open up. So bringing Jeff's staff with him is probably not going to happen.

i talked to hutch this weekend. he is taking over at mcminn

in march. he is gonna finish out mulinax's pe slot for the rest of the year. he asked one guy from jeff co to go be DC.

mcminn's present DC said he would leave if he did not get the job, well........so lets do the math. hutch teaches science, mulinax taught pe and ross (DC at mcminn now ) job. so he will be able to bring two and himself. he told me he would still run the wing t and would change to the 4-3.

Mcminn has a good wing-t offensive line coach and he is also a good d line coach as well. They also have a good defensive coordinator who might stay if they would just talk to him. He isnt going to bring anybody if there is nothing open. As for being to young, Coach Mullinax was very young to when he started and turned the program around so you guys cant say anything for about 5 years then you can say what you think. The talent coming back is real good and the 8th grade class looks real good so there will be no problems. You dont know the program.