High School Softball in the Fall

bruce408

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree with whoever said that softball won't be moved to fall until it becomes the #1 sport for girls. At my school, we are told not to charge admission to get into our games because they are at the local ballpark. However, when we ask for a shirt, jogging pants, pullovers, ect. (because it's so cold) we don't get them because we don't pull in any money. Moving to the fall would also cause more people to not show up because of football. Also, most of our fans are the football players! I don't want softball to be moved to fall also because playing the elements makes the game more fun. It's awesome to strike someone out when it's 36 degrees outside and your hands are frozen. I think softball should stay where it is. :o

[Edited by setter1704tgr on 2-10-03 10:44A]

the 3 main girls sports i thought were soccer, basketball, and softball. and they are all followed by each other in that order. if you move softball to the same season as soccer, it will cause many girls to choose one or the other. in my opinion, high schoolers should play as many sports as possible in high school because you can only have the privelage of competeing for so long.

I also happen to know of a few girls who excell in both soccer and softball and have a chance at playing both at the college level and i am sure that they would not like the change. It would force them to make a decision that they do not want to make.

move it to Fall...........

spring you have too much rain.....volleyball is played inside so it doesnt matter when it is played as is basketball.....the sports played outside.....softball, football, baseball and soccer.........much better weather in the fall not as much rain and the season would be over with long before the real cold weather hits. They play softball in the fall in Georgia and it has worked great there. And just think how much better travel ball will be as well as HS because the girls will be on fire by the time HS ball starts!

Softball and baseball are suppose to start in the spring time. To start the season in the fall would be unamerican in my opinion. It would be like starting the NFL season in the spring, it just wouldn't feel right. Plus, I absolutely hate fall ball, it's starts after a long nasty summer of traveling all over the place grinding out extra innings in 97 deg. 100% humidity. The last thing I want to look at in the fall is a bunch of worn out kids on the softball field, it wouldn't have the same energy.