Volunteer Falcons

Stokomo

• Replies 288
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Unbiased: free from prejudice or favoritism. While you're at it, you might as well check grammar too! If you're looking for Shakespearean class posters, they're on another board. All kidding aside, none of us need to go there. It takes away from the purpose of the thread, which is to follow Falcon BB, which got blitzed tonight! Regroup guys!

Guest b4etown

I just wanted to say I think (despite the score) the Volunteer Falcons played a very good game tonight. I don't think that Chucky and Marcus were demanding enough. When you're matching up with Vince Redd, speaking strictly of height, you tend to become intimidated and less confident in what you can do. I just think the Cyclones wanted it more tonight, and it was written all over the scoreboard. And for your coach with the shaved head--I don't know his name--two words: ANGER MANAGEMENT.

[Edited by b4etown on 2-26-03 9:52P]

On the comment of Anger Management....after the game, one of the coaches from our staff asked why Coach Whitt was "T'd".....The referee said that Coach Whittemore rolled his eyes at him. That has to be the "SEXIEST" TECH-FOUL I have ever witnessed. I won't even start on that situation. I just wanted to shed some light on what is going on. Yes, there does need to be a management class, but not Anger Management, maybe a remedial course of how to handle someone rolling their eyes without giving them a "T". How many coaches rol their necks around when they don't agree with a call, or motion their hands objecting a call. What's next....a tech for "THINKING" the call was bad. :D

Guest b4etown

Okay, if you think it was a bad call and it'll make you feel better, you can go ahead and take away the points for the 3 out of 4 techincal foul shots Jordan Lambert made, from our score. It wouldn't have mattered either way if your coach had been T'd or not.

And I don't recall seeing Coach Hardin being thrown out of any games lately...

Why do you insist on hitting below the belt? No one has argued the fact that Betsy is a better team. You are the one who pointed out about the Anger Management thing. I have the utmost respect for Coach Harding and the whole staff and their players. I have coached four of the them for four years in AAU. They are like my sons. I don't try to make excuses for why we lost so I don't need to do anything to make myself feel better. Have I said one negative word about Betsy? NO! Did I say that the tech cost us the game? NO! So don't read into something that is not there. Before you try to degrade someone, you need to check them out first. I have close ties to Coach & Mrs. Harding, Vince, BJ, Walter (June), and Lester. Talk about something you know about. "Betsy is a better team." "Betsy is playing for the District title Friday vs. Sullivan Central." "Betsy has a good chance to still make it to the State despite losing their general Walter Brown." You know things like that. Not about degrading other teams and saying how inferior they are to five starting Seniors.

Remember...what goes around (B4Etown), comes around. I will never degrade any team or player. But someone else just might remember what you say when hard times fall on Betsy.

P.S......For being the first team in Volunteer history to get 20 wins a the regular season says a lot about the Falcons and what they have to come.

[Edited by Stokomo on 2-27-03 9:11A]