KINGSPORT DB INDIANS

ArtVandalay

• Replies 281
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Talked to T last night about riding down to MTSU if we get there. I wish that I could be there tonight. It used to be that games like this were common for us. I wish my boys well and hope that they can pull it off. Either way, they need to realize that they have made alot of people proud and guys like me jealous that I wasn't able to host a substate in my day. Good lusk to Charlie and the TRibe tonight.

Guest DBBDA1

Let's go Indians!! Take it to 'em tonight!! I know you can do it!! Keep playing your "Team" ball. You've got a lot of fans behind you that will be rocking the Dome... See ya there!!! Roll Tribe!!!!!!!

Guest FAhometeam33

oh yea i will be in the DOME tonight because its the biggest game in 10 years.. & the last game to make it up to buro baby!!!!!! see yall up in it

INDIANS WIN! INDIANS WIN! INDIANS WIN!!

ROLL TRIBE ROLL.....TO MURF!!

D-B 75

BEARDEN 62

D-B WINS SUBSTATE GAME IN THE BUCK VAL HUSS DOME AND THE TRIBE IS GOING BACK TO THE STATE TOURNAMENT!!

Great TEAM win toinght over a good Bearden team. The Indians got off to a quick 17-7 lead late in the 1st qtr., only to see Bearden get it back to 17-14. DB35-27 @ the half. The Indians were led by Jarrod Wootten in the 1st half. With the score 22-17, JWOO had 11 of the Indians 22, he finished with 11. Foul trouble limited his play in the 2nd half and Lamon Williams wore it slap out!! I don't know how many pts he had 16-18 and a bunch of Rebounds. Lamon is just unstoppable, the future is Lamon and Co. (NEXT YEAR). But DB is still playing THIS YEAR!! It was a good game, 57-51 late in the 3rd. DB just got a few straight buckets and big boards and Bearden had no choice but to foul. DB Wins going away. Azmar played well, his best game since his knee injury @ Crockett. Henry Williams steady as always in big games. Thomas Harrison has just been playing fantastic through the Tournament's. He had some big pts., rebounds and blocked shots. Seth was the favorite target of "one crappy ref" who will remain nameless!!! Not good Ref!! The same ref called charge after charge on the Indains (6 or so)

Way to go Indians

Can't stop the Chop

Chop CHop!! :rolleyes:

Once again I reluctantly picked DB to win, and they did...

That now makes me 5-0 in predicting DB wins. I find it odd that I'm against DB, but I keep predicting them to win. I've picked 5 straight starting with the District 1-AAA championship game. I'm not sure (because I'm not big on basketball) but I'm thinking that DB will now play Greeneville again. I am predicting yet another DB win...

I think that DB will do just fine in the tourney, unless they draw Bradley Central. That is the only real concern that DB fans should have IF any. Bradley Central has a VERY good team and I'm not sure how well DB would stack up against them. White Station is evenly matched (in my opinion) by DB. Pray that Bradley Central gets placed in the totally opposite bracket, or that someone else can beat them. Best of luck to DB (represent East TN well)...

Still Anti-Kingsport... :rolleyes:

This was my second opportunity to see the Tribe play this year. I had previously seen them beat The Hill at the Dome.

My observations...

I said before the game that turnovers and rebounding would be the story to this game. I new that DB would control the boards, but I was concerned about turnovers. As it turned out, Lamon Williams was the story.

Needless to say, I was most impressed with the young but talented Williams. He provided a spark in the 2nd quarter, and he gave the team a huge lift in the 4th. With Wooten in foul trouble, he played alot of minutes. He really turned the game. He added 12 boards and 4 steals. Too strong, too quick for the Bulldogs.

I also continue to be impressed by Thomas Harrison. If he gets the ball in the paint, count it. He is smooth. Great on the boards. I cant say enough about his workmanlike approach to the game.

DB had way too many unforced turnovers. Cant be a great team with that many turnovers. I thought we forced the shot on occasion, instead of working the ball inside to Williams, Harrison or Wooten. I was pleased with the overall team play, though.

I was impressed by Cox and No. 13 for the bulldogs. Cox drove into the paint several times and was somehow able to get the bucket with Wootend, Harrison, etc. breathing down his neck. Bearden appeared to be a well coached ball team. They took it right to DB and never backed down. They just did not have what it takes to beat DB.

Where were Bearden's fans? It looked like a meeting of the Hawkins County Mensa Society on the visitor's side.

Again, the refs made numerous questionable calls. What else is new, right?

ROLL TRIBE ROLL!

SEE YOU IN THE 'BORO!