KINGSPORT DB INDIANS

ArtVandalay

• Replies 281
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest cutiger

Tribe, that a way to pull it off. CUTIGER will definitley be in the house to support you against the R2 winner. Hope it is Maryville, so we can punish them when we have an inside game this time!

Holla!

The Dobyns-Bennett Indians are Region 1 AAA Champions!!

Sa weet win in JC. What a game too. The Indians led 26-22 at the half. DB led going into the 4th qtr 38-34, but Greeneville came on strong in the end, and it appeared that DB had just lost the game. The Tribe trailed 54-49 with 1:11 to go in the game. DB ran a play that got the ball to Thomas Harrison who drained a 12ft jumper to cut the leat to 54-51. DB timeout. Greeneville inbounds and Joey Blackwell of DB steals the ball from Matt Malone, who reached out and whached Joey on the head and picked up his 5th foul. Joey Blackwell drained both free throws, 54-53. Greeneville Inbond, Seth Jervis gets a hand on a pass and deflects it, Jarrod Wootten is in the right place, scoops up the ball, shuffle passes over the Henry Hawk Williams, he sets up and NAILS the 3 Ball. Henry went crazy, it was a sweet reaction from a cluth player. DB up now 56-54 and Greeneville is inbounding with 25 sec. The GreenDevils come down, make a few passes and somebody takes an ill advised off balance 3 pt shot that hits the rim and bounces over the backboard. DB ball with 12 sec. DB inbounds the ball and play keep away until fouled with 4 sec to go. Henry Williams (I think it was Henry, maybe Azmar) missed the front end of the 1 and 1, Greeneville rebounded, made 1 pass, Azmar was covering the guy real good, they take a desperation 50ft shot that is no where close and the INDIANS GO CRAZY IN JC!! DB Scored the last 7pts to win the game when it was on the line.

Great Game by: THE DB INDIANS TEAM AND C MO!!!

Henry Williams (Tournament MVP) 10 pts

Seth Jervis (ALL Tournament Team) 10pts

Jarrod Wootten (All Tournament Team) 11 pts

Thomas Harrison (played awesome, should have been on the Tourny team)

Joey Blackwell (scored 9 pts, all of them HUGE!!)

Azmar Blye (great game, team leader, the heart and soul)

Lamon Williams (5 or 6pts, good min off the bench)

See all of you DB INDIAN FANS IN THE BUCK VAN HUSS DOME, MONDAY NIGHT, IN THE SUB STATE GAME.

ROLL TRIBE ROLL

GIDDY UP!! ;);):):):D:D:D

[Edited by ArtVandalay on 3-7-03 9:51P]

[Edited by ArtVandalay on 3-8-03 3:45P]

DB has a way of winning thrilling games against Greeneville. 2 out of the wins have been taken away by the Tribe in the last min of play. That was about as good of a game as you could have hoped for. You can hope for better reffin' in the Sub State and State Tournament, but, maybe there are no really good High School refs around! I am stoked about getting to play 1 more in the DOME> how about that for this team and the Seniors especially.

DB will play Bearden. I don't know alot about them. They made the final 4 last year at State. Bearden started hot this year, was something like 19-2 at one point. Kinda faded at the end of the regular season, lost 5 of last 7 games. Then their best player "Cruze" quits the team just before the District Tournament!! Beaden finished 3rd in the District but was able to make it to the Region 2 Finals, loosing to Maryville by 20, 78-58. Bearden is the Bulldogs, and they trable well.

See ya Monday

Chop Chop!!

Travel well?

Certainly not the Bearden football fans. Maybe there is no such thing as a Bearden football fan.

Living in Knoxville, I can tell you that Bearden has a talented hoops team. Coached by a DB alum, I believe. Pretty good size and athletic guards. It should be a good game.

At any rate...ROLL TRIBE!

Guest DBBDA1

Eight against five, and D-B still wins!!! A great game from the best team in Tennessee! Congratulations Indians!! Good job JWOO!! I'll be helping to "Rock the Dome" on Monday!! Keep rolling Tribe!!!!

I am not a DB fan, nor will I ever be. I am a fan of East TN and beings that DB is our representative (and that I hate Science Hill and Greeneville even more) I hope that they will represent our geographical area well. So are you talking about the new activities office or the old one?

Also, I would like to apologize for your wooden signs with metal (the toolbox kind) backdrop on them pointing in the opposite direction at the beginning of the year. I know that it might've cause a little bit of confusion for the freshmen, but that is all solved now...

Guest BleacherRef

Way to go Indians!! You really deserve the win you got tonight......I know you are so used to playing 8 against 5 but tonight was unreal.....way to hang in there guys......I am proud of you all!!!!

I realize now that I mis-spoke about the Greeneville student section last night......NO THEY DO NOT PUT DB TO SHAME, they are nothing but a bunch of sore losers and Redneck fans with a capital "R"! :)

The way the Indians hung in there tonight was really impressive.....they could have very easily given up when they were down by 5 with just over a minute to go, but that is no way for a team to be! We, the fans never lost faith and knew you could do it and you knew you could do it, too! AND YOU DID!

The DB fan turnout was awesome, to say the least.....fans everywhere.....just wait until Monday in the Dome, do you think the visiting team will have ANY room at all for their fans? I hope not! The Buck Van Huss DOME will be rocking for sure.....if we can rock Freedom Hall the way we have for the past 2 weeks, I know we can ROCK THE DOME!!!! and the students actually got in to it a little bit tonight, think they actually watched some of the game! I'd really like to challenge them to get into the game on Monday night and support their team like they mean it and like they are proud of them.......I'd also like to challenge them to join in on the W~~~~H~~~~O~~~~O~~~~S~~~~H!!!! on the free throws! When it is done by many, it is really intimidating.

Hats off to you ALL Indians.....way to hang in.....way to bring home the REGIONAL Championship and the District Championship! Azzie you lead the team like no other....., Jarrod, you play with impressive style and finesse, awesome BIG MAN "D", you are the MAN JWOO!!!!(congrats on making the All Tourney Team!)......Henry "Hawk" Williams you always come through when we need you the most (congrats on the tourney MVP, you really deserved it!).......Seth Jervis you always give your all to the team and usually come up with some big "3's"......Thomas Harrison you are always tough on D and in the lane......Joey Blackwell you are awesome at coming in with the BIG plays when we need it!........Harry, you're the greatest!.... Jeff, Lamon and EVERYBODY ELSE you are the reason we have come so far this season......keep up the great work! We'll be behind you ALL THE WAY!!!!

JWOO, hope you are OK after taking the abuse from Bully Malone tonight....

Roll~~~~~~~~~~Tribe~~~~~~~~~~~Roll

DB came through the Region in pretty good shape. J WOOO took a nasty elbow to the nose in the Grenneville game (Matt Malone/not intentional), but other than that, were o.k. Azmar Blye seems to be almost back to full speed. Just think if he is 100% come Monday, and you know he will be 100% for Murf. DB should be full strength and that will be plenty strong enough to take care of Bearden in the BVH Dome. I hope all of the East Tn Hoop fans come out to watch and support our Indians on Monday.

Way to go Tribe

We are all porud of you

Roll Tribe Roll

Giddy Up!! :)

Great game Indians, you got guts no doubt about it.One of the most physical basketball games i've ever seen,lots of pushing and shoving their big man hit his mark with his elbow on at least 3 Indian faces that I saw but you guys didn't back up an inch. How about the that Greenville coach did anyone see him shake hands with coach Morgan? I didnt. I also heard the last of the game on WJCW (delay version) Bill Meade says Coach Morgan shook all the Greenville players hands but the fat Burl Ives look alike wouldnt shake. And people want to know where the redness comes from! GOOD LUCK AGAINST BEARDEN DONT LOOK PAST THEM! PS I SAW A LOT OF OLD SCHOOLERS FROM THE 70S THERE FELT LIKE OLD TIMES DIDNT IT?!!!!